England friendly....

On a serious note what benifit does playing at home to Egypt(although they are a decent side) have on preparing for the world cup? Surely an away fixture would be better?

Blue Hefner said:
On a serious note what benifit does playing at home to Egypt(although they are a decent side) have on preparing for the world cup? Surely an away fixture would be better?

Same style of play as Algeria, who are in the same group as England.

Always makes me laugh when they arrange pre tournament freindlies with teams who "have a similar style" to the ones we will play in the World Cup on the pure basis that the countries lie close on the map. What proof is there whatsover that Algeria play like Egypt, or Japan play like South Korea, or Peru play like Columbia....Just because you get the same amount of airmiles by flying there...

Heres one...we are geographically close to Stoke, Blackburn and Bolton...I hope to god people dont think our style of footie is the same...

Why do we have to have this thread for EVERY England game its tedious! If people care so little about England why go to the effort of posting a thread about it?

Christ, don't say Algeria and Egypt are similar to any of the players/fans, they'll kill you.

Egypt are a very underrated side, should give us a good game. Lescott deserves to start, he's the in form English centre back atm. Bridge is probably in the form of his life and Warnock's playing shite, ironically.

I care about England, quite passionately actually. Without trying to sound like a Disney-sponsored event, it's nice for my groups of my mates to forget club differences, as I have very few City fans for mates, and get in the pub in the day to watch the footy. Obviously it'll be a massive letdown in the end, and there'll be some tits who'll try and find an excuse to start shit with their fellow England fans which never fails to baffle me, just goes to show that a lot of supposed footy fans aren't there to watch the football.

Anyway, looks like we need these friendlies to sort out a defensive problem that you may have heard something about...?

Love England, Love England games.

Looking forward to the game tonight, teejip are a good side. Hopefully Hart impresses and he's number 1 come June.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.