England National Team 2016/17

can't wait for this new era to begin, i'm off into town tomorrow for my new red Rooney england shirt going to get one for all the family so we can all wear them on days out

I was quite hopeful of allardyce being England manager, that's changed now I've found out rooneys the captain still. What a joke, I hope they fail to qualify for the World Cup.
Yeah he's not left himself any wriggle room by keeping him as captain, makes him more or less undroppable for competitive games no matter how shit he plays.

Who should be captain though? It normally always goes to the most experienced players so I'm not going to make a lot of it personally.

I do think we keep unsuccessful players around the team too long, let's do a Germany and get a young squad together and forget about reputations. The fact is we have no players who have successful experience at International level, so how much would we really be losing? We need to stop focusing on club level so much, it should earn them call ups but if it's not working out for them time after time in the national team then let someone else have a go.

We should stick to a system, a clear style of play but freshen the team up more frequently to fit that not the other way around, we've tried that plenty of times and got nowhere.

Last edited:
Same shit different day! I am losing all interest in England games. I never thought I would say that. No one at the FA seems able to learn from the mistakes of the past.

Every game Rooney plays steals time from a possible future English attacker. He's past it.

I thought Sam had sense but I guess not.

Time to keep the new breed in and finish off with the old. Not sure if Allardyce has the bottle to mix it up
I imagine the money men at the FA told him when they hired him that Rooney was going to stay as captain. Allardyce doesn't have nearly enough clout to stand up to them and instead will just do what all the previous english managers have done, knuckle under and just do what they're told at the detriment of the team

What a surprise holding onto Rooney as captain, he shouldnt even be in the squad, what a crock of shit.
No he shouldn't, but, like it or not, due to his rag conections, Rooney is stil the most marketable asset (In terms of worldwide shirt sales) that the FA have at thèir disposal.

All about the money, nuthin' else matters

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.