England rant

You're mixing qualifying games with tournament games. England's record in tournaments is poor. Losing is anything but a shock.

It's poor but majority tournaments we've been knocked out on penaltys which is a just pure bad luck.

Take Man City in the FA Cup. Is it that much different to England in a cup competition ? Yet when Man City get knocked out its forgotten a week later when you have another game in the league.

People just have to realise football is football and whilst having the right manager, tactics and players do help, ultimately anyone can beat anyone. I find the whole over reaction of England losing more unbearable than actually watching England lose !

It's poor but majority tournaments we've been knocked out on penaltys which is a just pure bad luck.

Take Man City in the FA Cup. Is it that much different to England in a cup competition ? Yet when Man City get knocked out its forgotten a week later when you have another game in the league.

People just have to realise football is football and whilst having the right manager, tactics and players do help, ultimately anyone can beat anyone. I find the whole over reaction of England losing more unbearable than actually watching England lose !

You're right one wide player, 5 strikers endless number 10's 3 central defenders it was all bad luck

Hodgson is a genius and if the might of Iceland hadn't got in the way we would have been just fine

We just needed a couple of more attackers on the pitch bloody 3 sub rule

You're right one wide player, 5 strikers endless number 10's 3 central defenders it was all bad luck

Hodgson is a genius and if the might of Iceland hadn't got in the way we would have been just fine

We just needed a couple of more attackers on the pitch bloody 3 sub rule

We could have the best manager of your pick

The best 11 players you could pick

We could still lose to Iceland.

That is football

How can you always defend England, BlueHammer? We cain up qualifying because of the opposition, it's pretty piss weak. There is no game-plan, you stuck up for Roy countless times. He has Kane taking freekicks and corners, has 5 strikers on the pitch we never get the right man in. Rooney may have played ok against shite opposition but he couldn't be dropped making him captain.

When we look at Ireland and Wales they work their socks off and fight like they're all brothers. England don't seem to care. It's difficult when they're millionaires before they're 21, no motivation to improve at all for some of them.

Some of the England players were out injured them mysteriously back for the domestic game. Bale always was available for most games carrying an injury. He'd do anything for his country. Even Ramsey would work his arse off with recurring injuries.

The only man I think that could give this team a kick up the arse is Fergie. People may disagree but he'd put these players into place and have some sort of game plan. Last major tournament we tried to play an Italian style but a bad version. I don't even know what our style was this time around. There was shocking lack of movement in the final third. These players tear up the league but we're awful this competition. If it weren't for that last minute Sturridge goal we would have won fuck all

Did anybody actually feel a thing when England were knocked out? I couldn't give less a fuck if i tried. I knew i wasnt the biggest fan of the England team but i was actually surprised how little i cared
I actually felt something, joy. Joy in knowing we wouldn't have to put up with the
" British media " banging on about another golden generation, and how none of the Wales team ( other than bale ) would get in the England side. Although to be fair the good old Bbc did spend most of half time in the Wales v Belgium game talking about England. Dean Saunders sitting in between Ferdinand and shearer must have wondered why he bothered. But not to worry, only two years until we hear the same shite being spouted

How can you always defend England, BlueHammer? We cain up qualifying because of the opposition, it's pretty piss weak. There is no game-plan, you stuck up for Roy countless times. He has Kane taking freekicks and corners, has 5 strikers on the pitch we never get the right man in. Rooney may have played ok against shite opposition but he couldn't be dropped making him captain.

When we look at Ireland and Wales they work their socks off and fight like they're all brothers. England don't seem to care. It's difficult when they're millionaires before they're 21, no motivation to improve at all for some of them.

Some of the England players were out injured them mysteriously back for the domestic game. Bale always was available for most games carrying an injury. He'd do anything for his country. Even Ramsey would work his arse off with recurring injuries.

The only man I think that could give this team a kick up the arse is Fergie. People may disagree but he'd put these players into place and have some sort of game plan. Last major tournament we tried to play an Italian style but a bad version. I don't even know what our style was this time around. There was shocking lack of movement in the final third. These players tear up the league but we're awful this competition. If it weren't for that last minute Sturridge goal we would have won fuck all

My main point is trying to get over to people that no matter the manager, tactics, formations it's a knock out competition where anything can happen. Yes you can limit your chances by playing the right tactics and formation etc but a ref gives a dodgy penalty or a player makes a mistake then it all goes out the window. Problem is you will have a different team and formation to the next person - unless a England manager actually wins a tournament then the scrutiny will always be there. Talksport yesterday had a slot - England 'The Inquest' ... This is what is wrong for me ... We lost ONE bloody game of football and now we need a complete overhaul ... The manager has to go, the coaches have to go, the players should be ashamed of there selves, the FA need to take blame, the youth system needs to change and so on and so on ... Have Belguim reacted the same as this after losing to Wales the other night ? Did Spain react like this when they didn't get out the group stage last World Cup and lost to Australia ? Holland didn't even qualify for this Euro's ! ... Yes there are exceptions and teams like Germany and Italy do find a way to progress further than us most tournaments but I still find a cup competition the most fickle of all games, such fine margins can win or lose games regardless of who's in charge and what the team is - what will the excuses be when the FA appoint who you want (Pardew? Allardyce? Mourinho ?) whoever is manager, England get knocked out before a final then it's time for another 'Inquest' and the same old cliched cycle continues. It is the ultimate poison chalice for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.