England rant

My main point is trying to get over to people that no matter the manager, tactics, formations it's a knock out competition where anything can happen. Yes you can limit your chances by playing the right tactics and formation etc but a ref gives a dodgy penalty or a player makes a mistake then it all goes out the window. Problem is you will have a different team and formation to the next person - unless a England manager actually wins a tournament then the scrutiny will always be there. Talksport yesterday had a slot - England 'The Inquest' ... This is what is wrong for me ... We lost ONE bloody game of football and now we need a complete overhaul ... The manager has to go, the coaches have to go, the players should be ashamed of there selves, the FA need to take blame, the youth system needs to change and so on and so on ... Have Belguim reacted the same as this after losing to Wales the other night ? Did Spain react like this when they didn't get out the group stage last World Cup and lost to Australia ? Holland didn't even qualify for this Euro's ! ... Yes there are exceptions and teams like Germany and Italy do find a way to progress further than us most tournaments but I still find a cup competition the most fickle of all games, such fine margins can win or lose games regardless of who's in charge and what the team is - what will the excuses be when the FA appoint who you want (Pardew? Allardyce? Mourinho ?) whoever is manager, England get knocked out before a final then it's time for another 'Inquest' and the same old cliched cycle continues. It is the ultimate poison chalice for me.
I can tell you what is wrong for me and I can encapsulate it in two words: granny banger.

My main point is trying to get over to people that no matter the manager, tactics, formations it's a knock out competition where anything can happen. Yes you can limit your chances by playing the right tactics and formation etc but a ref gives a dodgy penalty or a player makes a mistake then it all goes out the window. Problem is you will have a different team and formation to the next person - unless a England manager actually wins a tournament then the scrutiny will always be there. Talksport yesterday had a slot - England 'The Inquest' ... This is what is wrong for me ... We lost ONE bloody game of football and now we need a complete overhaul ... The manager has to go, the coaches have to go, the players should be ashamed of there selves, the FA need to take blame, the youth system needs to change and so on and so on ... Have Belguim reacted the same as this after losing to Wales the other night ? Did Spain react like this when they didn't get out the group stage last World Cup and lost to Australia ? Holland didn't even qualify for this Euro's ! ... Yes there are exceptions and teams like Germany and Italy do find a way to progress further than us most tournaments but I still find a cup competition the most fickle of all games, such fine margins can win or lose games regardless of who's in charge and what the team is - what will the excuses be when the FA appoint who you want (Pardew? Allardyce? Mourinho ?) whoever is manager, England get knocked out before a final then it's time for another 'Inquest' and the same old cliched cycle continues. It is the ultimate poison chalice for me.

It's not just the manager it's the players too. The last time we even looked capable was 98. You get the impression half of them don't care. In the past we have had leaders, you didn't really see any of that at the tournament. Not one player wanting to grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Yes you could say it's a lottery but for the most part the big teams win it unless you can play superb as a team like Greece. I bet Bilic could have done better than Roy. When his team turned us over years ago he more or less said our players are arrogant. We need someone to get them to knuckle down and respect the boss.

It's all very well saying that "anything can happen", or "a ref can give a dodgy penalty", or "it's only one game we've lost, no need to panic", but the first step in dealing with a malaise is to recognise that it exists at all (alcoholism, betting, etc) .
Comparing us to Spain, saying that Spain didn't over-react, ignores the fact that Spain have actually WON a few tournaments in the last few years. Our frustration is at continued failure, not just suffering from an unlucky decision or a flukey goal.
Malaise exists. Try a new cure.

The FA must shoulder a lot of the blame for employing Hodgson in the first place. Surely the 2014 W.C. debacle should have been sufficient for the FA to see the major fuck-up they'd made in putting this man in charge? You could see back then that Woy was making it all up as he went along. He appeared to have no discernible system for the team to play, and his tactics were (once again) almost non-existent.
Defensively we were a fucking shambles, so just what was rat boy doing there? He was supposed to be coaching the defence and getting them to gel as a cohesive unit - so why didn't he?

We can blame the players: and we've every right to. But it's the English FA who should be put under scrutiny and asked to explain precisely what went wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.