England Squad - Euro 2024

1. Not sure but it’s worked, one of the highest win% and taking us to QF/SF/F of major tournaments
2. Hard not too, he’s a class player and has alot of different attributes to others- probably the best passer/long ranger passer and set piece player in the side
3. Really? Only left footed good left back we have.
4. As opposed to playing the possible ballon d’or player out of position?
5. Shaw is not fit - who should it be? Trippier has done well there
6. He drops deep naturally - wanting the ball. Sometimes that works. Sometimes doesn’t
7. Yes he is. From what I’ve seen in interviews and stuff he seems a down to earth lad - why the hate ? He’s a 20 year old ffs. Rice by himself could work, or not at international stage.
1. So, he's been 4th, 2nd, and 1st loser? Yes?
2. He's been shunted out of his "favourite" position in his club side because of his defensive shortcomings. The position he's been taught how to play in for a long time. Only imbeciles believe just having a sweet right foot makes you a midfielder.
3. Even a mediocre left footed left back is better than a decent right footed right back at left back.
4. That's not his position. He's a deeper player for his club, and to be fair he's still finding his feet in that side. He can move up and down the ctr to suit. Foden has shown where he is effective.
5. You need to define "doing well". His delivery into the box is non-existent. I struggle to understand what his remit is.
6. He is lost because the team heading towards him is so disjointed its like playing in a zombie apocalypse. If the players behind him don't know what they are doing, or where they are supposed to be, how the feck would kane know?
7. He's had one good half in four. I'm getting "trouble" vibes from him. Maybe I'm wrong, but my spider sense are tingling.

Last edited:
1. Not sure but it’s worked, one of the highest win% and taking us to QF/SF/F of major tournaments
2. Hard not too, he’s a class player and has alot of different attributes to others- probably the best passer/long ranger passer and set piece player in the side
6. He drops deep naturally - wanting the ball. Sometimes that works. Sometimes doesn’t
7. Yes he is. From what I’ve seen in interviews and stuff he seems a down to earth lad - why the hate ? He’s a 20 year old ffs. Rice by himself could work, or not at international stage.
Point 3.
He's not fit

I'd go easy on Trippier. He's the best English left back, along with Shaw. He's not at elite level, but he does his limited best.
I don’t think even Trippier or the most die hard Newcastle fan would claim he’s the best LB. For one, he plays RB for them and is right footed. He’s probably 5th in the Newcastle LB depth chart after Burn, Hall, Targett and Dummett. All Englishmen btw. Aaron Chilwell who is currently fully fit and wasn’t called up for the England squad has played more games at LB than any of the players standing in (Trippier, Gomez) for Shaw. Real head scratcher.

I agree with going easy on Trippier though. He seems like a sound bloke doing his best in a wholly unfamiliar position, and can be a calming influence at the back.

Has it worked? One of the best squads for quite some time. He’s been here for 8 years and if anything we have gone backwards.
We can talk about getting further than we have before, and that’s true. And he has provided England fans with good memories.
But if we are honest we have arguably underperformed, and encounter the same issues every tournament.

If you compare it to domestic football, it’s almost like a good PL side having a FA Cup run against league 1 sides every year, then coming short any time they have a half decent side, with the same mistakes every single time.

You could look at the Germany game in the last Euros as the one time we have beaten a decent nation, but even then it was the worst German team in years.

Re Bellingham and Foden. He’s played at false 9 really for RM and scored fewer goals than Phil. And even so, his average position for England has been as deep as the 2 DMs. We would lose nothing from him pushing back, putting Phil at 10, and Gordon on the left.

Southsafe will bring in Mainoo for Arnold and Gordon for Phil. We will draw and Denmark will beat Serbia 3-1 to win the group.

Come late Saturday evening in Dortmund, Germany will have cruised past a disorganised hopeless England 2-0 who will go out with a whimper without a shot on target.

Southgate will naturally continue in his role towards a glorious 2026 in the Americas!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.