England Squad - Euro 2024

Just heard an interview with Bowen and he finished off by saying “See you next Tuesday”

Are they copying that thing the England players did in 1990, slipping cheeky little pre arranged phrases into interviews for their own amusement?

There was a comparison of them a while back (maybe on The Athletic), which showed that Rodri is another level.

Rice like most players had a favoured side for passing, which impacted on his play constantly. Rodri, was taking the balls from pretty much any angle, and passing where he wanted to without restrictions. Rice may want to improve, but I suspect that's years of training.
Not being as good as the best DM in the world isn’t an excuse for not being able to keep possession against Denmark and Serbia. Rice is a very good player (let’s not forget Pep wanted him) and he’s got world class players around him too.

Not being as good as the best DM in the world isn’t an excuse for not being able to keep possession against Denmark and Serbia. Rice is a very good player (let’s not forget Pep wanted him) and he’s got world class players around him too.

I agree.

He needs Kalvin to show his true self though :)

Looks like Southgate is now saying the players aren’t fit enough.
Dear oh dear Gareth.
Media too is starting to put blame on the players. It’s funny, have the players been unfit since 2018? cos I recall us using exactly the same rearguard action. If its the players, explain how we play the exact same way we did 6 years ago with different players?

Gallagher is fairly decent, as long as you compare him to Alexander-Arnold, who went off. At least he is a proper midfielder, works hard and isn't bothered about just doing stuff that's flash. He's not the best around but he'll help the team be better, rather than shoehorning a fullback who can't defend into midfield because he can hoof the ball a long way with style.
Hes not good enough to be a starter though. Not if we want to get anywhere.

He’s not great at the modern concept of playing out from the back, through your keeper. He never looks comfortable in possession.
Hes not even close. He takes so much time deciding which pass to make that by the time he’s ready he’s closed down or the pass is cut off so he just hoofs it.

Hes not good enough to be a starter though. Not if we want to get anywhere.

True, but neither is Alexander-Arnold. I'd have basically any regular centre midfielder play ahead of him. He's capable of moments that give him headlines but he's just a YouTube player for me. Gallagher would have a really short highlights reel, but at least he's usually in the right place.

Personally I'd have Rico play instead of either of them, he just enables the players around him to play better. As he's not there I'd move Phil deeper, or play Wharton. We need somebody there not scared of receiving the ball and can keep things ticking over.

True, but neither is Alexander-Arnold. I'd have basically any regular centre midfielder play ahead of him. He's capable of moments that give him headlines but he's just a YouTube player for me. Gallagher would have a really short highlights reel, but at least he's usually in the right place.
Yep, don't get the moaning about Phillips. Gallagher is a tailor-made replacement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.