England Squad - Euro 2024

So true, I was the same when Bell, Lee and Summerbee were called up. Now, unfortunately I have absolutely no interest in International football.

I’ve not mate but like anything else when there’s a tournament on in the summer I’ll watch and hope they do well, but I’m more upset that we draw 2-2 at home to Palace than England losing that final to Italy for example

Can't disagree, Lewis has probably had more game time than some of those named.
Number of Premier League minutes played by Rico Lewis 2023/24: 809
Number of Premier League minutes played by Kobbie Mainoo 2023/24: 1939
Number of Premier League minutes played by Adam Wharton 2023/24: 1305 (Wharton only joined Palace in January)
Number of Premier League minutes played by Luke Shaw 2023/24: 962 (and he's been injured most of the season)

I haven't got time to compare the whole squad (go to https://www.premierleague.com/stats/player-comparison if you want to do it yourself), but as most of them were regular starters or got a lot of game time for their clubs, I'd say almost everyone in the squad except poor old Aaron Ramsdale has had more game time than Rico Lewis.

A little surprised Maguire didn't make the cut, thought Southgate would've persisted with his favorite child.

Bizarre he's going with 3 strikers, like he will ever play 2 of them at once. One defo will not get any minutes.
He's still injured.

Who do we reckon will get the nod to partner Stones?

The immediate reaction is the man is mad as a box of frogs. However, if it gives Jack a few weeks off and a chance to get back to his best pre-season, it can only help City. I suspect Stones and Foden won’t get much game time this tournament and looking forward to Walker getting a prolonged rest after we get eliminated early.

Grealish is a victim of being at City and being injured, Luke Shaw has not played football for 6 months and still gets in the squad, I am so glad for Jack Grealish having the summer off, He's going to smash it next season and fuck England under Southgate

hang on who the hell is gonna be the centre backs at this tournament.

a half fit John stones and….Guehi with Lewis Dunk as stand in!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.