England Squad - Euro 2024

The decision on the best starting XI and set up almost comes down to a decision to drop one of Alexander-Arnold, Walker, Gordon and Foden.

I think everyone agrees that Foden needs to play, but if he doesn’t perform for England like he does for City, he will get rotated/dropped.
I think Walker is the player of the 4 that offers the least to the team, but it probably gets in to give balance.
Alexander-Arnold probably has the least favour with waistcoat, but as the tournament progresses I think he will force his hand.
And Gordon looked decent against Iceland. Lol

My XI would be…

IMG_1308.jpeg

I'm not much of a TAA fan but I think his goal in the first friendly and some decent forward passing in the second might play him into contention to feature at some point. He's had 2 subsitute appearances and in both, although he hasn't exactly set the world alight, he has at least done something to try to get the team forward.

I'm not much of a TAA fan but I think his goal in the first friendly and some decent forward passing in the second might play him into contention to feature at some point. He's had 2 subsitute appearances and in both, although he hasn't exactly set the world alight, he has at least done something to try to get the team forward.

Abit like Grealish when he played 30 minutes in the friendly

The moment Boulders went down I knew he couldn't continue, but he soldiered on to half-time. I just hope to fuck he hasn't done any serious damage because my hatred for internationals will grow and grow.

I have a mild interest in what my country does regarding football, but I have an all-consuming obsession with what City do.

The moment Boulders went down I knew he couldn't continue, but he soldiered on to half-time. I just hope to fuck he hasn't done any serious damage because my hatred for internationals will grow and grow.

I have a mild interest in what my country does regarding football, but I have an all-consuming obsession with what City do.
The wrong thread for this post
Stones is probably our best centre half, but his fitness is totally unreliable
If City received any half decent offer, I’d sell
Problem is, no one’s got any money

The biggest problem I saw for foden in the 10 the other night was Kane constantly taking up his positions. He drops back so much into a congested area it leaves even less space for foden to be found. If Kane plays then I think it suits Bellingham more there as he's better at running past the striker. Rice needs to be a pure 6, he doesn't have the range to be an 8 and England don't have the tactical flexibility to support it. I'd put Alexander-Arnold next to him and he should be allowed to move through the lines as he can at least see a pass. Shaw would have been lb but since he's not seen any action for months it will be trippier imo.

We just don’t have ANY pattern of play. Im good with his squad selections but we’ll do fuck all cos he cant coach. How can you make kane, foden and palmer look toothless against weaker opposition when they have about 80 goals between them this season?

Huge gaps in the midfield and absolutely no cohesion. No pulling the oppostion around and attacking the space. Just 11 aimless players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.