England Squad - Euro 2024

I hope not mate , Dunk is not good enough to be in the squad never mind starting
Completely agree but Maguire hasnt been fit to start never mind play for 2 years but is still a cert when fit.

I think he will stick wiht a "big" at CB for the threat on set pieces and Dunk is probably most dangerous out of Konsa / Gomes / Guehi.

Collymore was on Talksport about an hour ago. Big friend of Jack so he said.

HIs take is that "At Villa, Jack was a free flowing left sided midfielder who would collect the ball on the half way line, beat one or two men, get into the box and either pull back shoot and score or pass to gain an assist in a goal. Then at City Pep turned him into a player who was great receiving and retaining possession and his end product was not the same."

I was cringing listening to this, I wanted to ring in to say that even I can see that Jack played in a poor Villa side who played on the break or in open end to end games. But City always come up against teams playing with a low block. At City Jack is faced with 2-3 defenders on the edge of the area for most games and a crowded box. His job is to retain possession and bring defenders to his side to release space. This is what he did against Bosnia to create the TAA goal.

However, Southsafe cannot see his worth and talent, and the English pundits such as Collymore and the other Talksport presenters are currently high on hype of Mainoo, Bellingham, Rice and Wharton!

Completely agree but Maguire hasnt been fit to start never mind play for 2 years but is still a cert when fit.

I think he will stick wiht a "big" at CB for the threat on set pieces and Dunk is probably most dangerous out of Konsa / Gomes / Guehi.

Good point well made

HIs take is that "At Villa, Jack was a free flowing left sided midfielder who would collect the ball on the half way line, beat one or two men, get into the box and either pull back shoot and score or pass to gain an assist in a goal. Then at City Pep turned him into a player who was great receiving and retaining possession and his end product was not the same."

I was cringing listening to this, I wanted to ring in to say that even I can see that Jack played in a poor Villa side who played on the break or in open end to end games. But City always come up against teams playing with a low block. At City Jack is faced with 2-3 defenders on the edge of the area for most games and a crowded box. His job is to retain possession and bring defenders to his side to release space. This is what he did against Bosnia to create the TAA goal.

However, Southsafe cannot see his worth and talent, and the English pundits such as Collymore and the other Talksport presenters are currently high on hype of Mainoo, Bellingham, Rice and Wharton!

Grealish was Great at Villa and Pep has ruined him, Well Collymore let's look at Villa's record with Grealish in the team, 3 seasons in the championship for a start and fighting relegation for Villa won promotion, 3 seasons at City Champions league winner, 3 premier leagues, FA cup winner, Super cup winner, World club trophy winner,

Yep Stan, defiantly ruined him

Tonight apparently is Southgate's 95th game in charge of England.

I would like to put on record my sincere thanks to him for producing some of the most innovative and scintillating football, I have ever had the pleasure of watching.

During his period in charge he has given caps to some of the most limited players ability wise ( usually over-hyped rags ) whilst regularly ignoring or wasting talented players with superior attitude and technical ability.

That is a special ability which really needs to be rewarded with a job more fitting of his overall talent - ie the rag manager role.

Last edited:
A tad shocked Grealish has been left out. Does he have any Scottish blood in his family?

Asking for a friend.
I like Jack but he hasn’t been on it this season, couple of injuries I know but personally I would nt want to represent England when every away ground I play at I get booed to the rafters Fk em Jack an sort yourself out Cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.