England Squad - Euro 2024

I'm with you. It makes me laugh that people raise concerns about Rice-Bellingham-Foden as a midfield three but then suggest Rice-Mainoo-Bellingham would work better. Against Iceland whilst the general pressing was off and left us stretched, Mainoo's positioning and reaction to their movement was fucking woeful. It's not a coincidence the rags side he plays in is always overstretched. If that's not his strength then what the fuck is? Rice is a better asset on the front foot as well, but if the solution is Mainoo who is woeful positionally, TAA who isn't a midfielder or Gallagher who runs a lot and presses and that's about it then you might as well not bother.

It's pretty easy in training to set the pressing patterns and as long as everyone does their job, Rice and Bellingham can (off the ball) form a solid two in the middle. That suits England perfectly as one or both can look to make late runs into the box or play off Foden. Foden could even drop deeper and Bellingham could push up at times.
Think he's gonna pack the midfield with defensive types given the back line

It really doesn't, its a friendly.
The point was we are very light in defence and didnt need 3 strikers when we will never use them and wont even need 2 for most of the tournament.

We have a single left back that's not played for 5 months and isnt yet fit, our main defender in Stones can't stay fit for 10 minutes and we were so short we had to use the stand by defender. whether it was a friendly has no relevance.

The point was we are very light in defence and didnt need 3 strikers when we will never use them and wont even need 2 for most of the tournament.

We have a single left back that's not played for 5 months and isnt yet fit, our main defender in Stones can't stay fit for 10 minutes and we were so short we had to use the stand by defender. whether it was a friendly has no relevance.

We don't have many good defenders so you would restrict our attackers by adding defenders worse than what we have, genius. In a squad 3 strikers is not overkill.

The friendly proved what exactly? Err nowt.

Bellingham and Foden do not play well together as Bellingham's ego gets in the way.

They're good enough to figure it out. We know Southgate will play Foden left, but he should have looked to get a midfield three of Rice with those two gelling. Bellingham deeper alongside Rice and all learning how to play to each others strengths.

Strong suggestions TAA comes into midfield. Considering he has rarely played there and under Klopp has occasionally played an inverted role I don't see why Gareth even considers it. His reasoning for Foden not playing as a 10 was because Pep doesn't use him there. That was because, unlike England we had De Bruyne and this season he has played as a number 10 and out performed and other player in the league. Bellingham has shown he is adaptable so play him where England need him most, connecting defence and attack.

Fuck me. I'm glad this peacock didn't sign for us.

Using a song about not carrying the world upon your shoulders, to make an advert about him carrying England on his shoulders...love him or hate him the media are going to fuck this lad up. It's a good job he didn't come to the prem.

The BBC has the England training session streamed the other day. Bunch of locals watching. According to the live feed they were singing Bell-ing-ham when it was actually Harry Kane in a German accent. People need to calm down, if they'd watched him in the CL they'd see we are going to need more than just him to win this thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.