England Squad - Euro 2024

He's too intense and panicky, which is why he keeps taking no 'risks' and clearing long. He's not let us down in terms of actual goalkeeping, but along that path I go back to the Final against Italy.

Penalties against 6 ft 6 Donnarumma always looked a tough ask as he filled the goal so much. Penalties against 6 ft 1 Pickford were a huge contrast. Less pressure on the Italians to hit the corners.

He's just not quite a top goalkeeper, but I guess we aren't quite a top team, so maybe he fits right in...
He’s not great at the modern concept of playing out from the back, through your keeper. He never looks comfortable in possession.

GNIAC is a hypocritical wanker of the highest order (as if we didn't know).
For months (on the odd occasion,when I've seen his "intelligent" ramblings on Sky) he's been insisting that Tront is a world class talent who England must find a place for.

Imagine my surprise 15 minutes ago, when a Sky Sports News alert arrived on my phone, saying the GNIAC doesn't think that Tront has the talent to play in midfield (don't worry, I didn't watch the clip).
So where does Tront show this world class talent, then? We all know he can't defend, so, in training, does he deputise for Pickford and pulls off world class saves, or is he making Kane seem like a rag era Garry Birtles.

GNIAC and Tront are made for each other

I don't think we've ever tried the approach of trying to create the best team rather than shoehorning in all the big names. I wish we'd give it a go for a change.
And that is precisely the crux of the matter. It seems like most England managers have been nothing more than puppets for the FA. Told who to pick and who to play, who not to play etc.
I always go back to Hodgson and his quote about Shrek ('If he had a broken leg he'd still be the first name on my team sheet'). He's admitting he picks his favourites, then? Or he's saying someone else has made the decision for him?
Waistcoat knows, he absolutely MUST know that he is not getting the best out of this group of players, and yet still he continues to baffle us all with his selection.

I wish that just for once, somebody from the media would have the balls to ask him directly why and make him give an answer: not piss about like a politician and dodge the questions everyone wants to know.

GNIAC is a hypocritical wanker of the highest order (as if we didn't know).
For months (on the odd occasion,when I've seen his "intelligent" ramblings on Sky) he's been insisting that Tront is a world class talent who England must find a place for.

Imagine my surprise 15 minutes ago, when a Sky Sports News alert arrived on my phone, saying the GNIAC doesn't think that Tront has the talent to play in midfield (don't worry, I didn't watch the clip).
So where does Tront show this world class talent, then? We all know he can't defend, so, in training, does he deputise for Pickford and pulls off world class saves, or is he making Kane seem like a rag era Garry Birtles.

GNIAC and Tront are made for each other
The revisionism in the whole media this morning is laughable. All reports today are slagging southgate for his ‘experiment’, and maybe adding a sly dig of him playing a right back in midfield. Southgates an imbecile, but ALL these twats were demanding he play TAA in the middle. World class, sublime passing, technically superior Trent is now right back Trent and what idiot would think of playing a right back in midfield in a major tournament?

Like I say, Southgate is a very poor coach, but I hate the media with a passion, the gall to criticise a decsion they all made. They have no shame.

Ps. Klopp played him there for about 3 games before hooking him. Anyone with half a football brain saw he doesn’t have the defensive or tactical ability to play there.

And that is precisely the crux of the matter. It seems like most England managers have been nothing more than puppets for the FA. Told who to pick and who to play, who not to play etc.
I always go back to Hodgson and his quote about Shrek ('If he had a broken leg he'd still be the first name on my team sheet'). He's admitting he picks his favourites, then? Or he's saying someone else has made the decision for him?
Waistcoat knows, he absolutely MUST know that he is not getting the best out of this group of players, and yet still he continues to baffle us all with his selection.

I wish that just for once, somebody from the media would have the balls to ask him directly why and make him give an answer: not piss about like a politician and dodge the questions everyone wants to know.
The only way Tront fits in is as right wing back in a 3-5-2.

What are the groups/factions within the squad? Basically, who are the friends? It use to be clear Rice/Madders/Chilwell/Mount were close, but most of them aren’t there. Curious if the social dynamics of this group are also affecting the football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.