England Squad - Euro 2024

Other than obvious club allegiances...

Bellingham and TAA are clearly close, I think TAA also has a long friendship with Ramsdale. In previous camps their group has also included Henderson and Maddison.

There's an old guard sort of friendship group of Stones, Walker, Kane, Trippier, Pickford (and Maguire when he was there).

Everyone seems to like Saka and Shaw.

Rice seems popular too, although he's without his best mate (Mount) and the two he said he'd been spending the most time with in the pre-tournament camp (Maddison and Grealish).

I expect there's also loose groups containing the younger players, and those newer to the England set-up.
I know I have been going on and on about it, but I genuinely think a lot of this is down to Bellingham’s presence on and off the pitch. I said elsewhere that he sucks the air out of the room when he enters. Some of that is down to things out of his control (hype, media scrutiny, public interest, etc.), but some of it is down to him buying in to his own hype and outsized sense of importance and Southgate largely enabling it thus far, including how he has allowed him to dominate everything on the pitch, to the detriment of England’s overall game.

I still hold that until it is made clear to Bellingham that he is just one member of a team, and others are made to feel empowered to do more than merely support his play (and cover for the issues it causes), we’ll continue to see the lack of cohesion and seeming camaraderie from the whole group that we have over the last two matches.

He is also injury prone and hasn't had the best season, but at least he's an actual left-back! With some England experience too. I'd have taken him instead of Shaw and tried to find a way to get Mitchell in too.
Shaw is equally as injured but waistcoat didn’t hesitate to call him up so taking a chance on Chilwell or another left back should have been done especially with the expansion of squad sizes for this tournament

I’ve not read the 100 pages. I have a life. :-)

Therefore this may have been answered so I apologise.
Can someone please explain to me why Wasted Waistcoat has taken Luke Shaw when he is injured, is training alone and doesn’t look as if he will even get a chance to kick a ball at all? Why waste a space for him? Or am I just being simple minded? (Do not answer that last question thank you very much!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.