England Squad - Euro 2024

Grealish missing out really isn't that controversial if we are being honest, he's not had a better season than foden, Gordon or Eze who are all going to be the main options on the left with numerous others capable of playing there if needed.

The real mad decision is dropping 3 defenders from the list and one of them being branthwaite Who has probably been englands best central defender this season.

looks like stones and Guehi will be the 1st choice, dunk the backup and then you've got two centre backs who haven't been good enough for their club to play centre back and have filled in at fullback instead. If Stones picks up a knock which we all know is highly probable, the defence is truly fucked.

This odd decision is compounded further by the fact that he's actually picked 3 centre forwards, Harry Kane is playing every single minute he declares himself fit, maybe he gets a rest if we are cruising in a group game but otherwise the backup striker isn't getting on nevermind the backups backup.

even if we're chasing a goal he's not ambitious enough to play with 2 strikers which means there's 2 players in the squad purely to give kane 10 minutes rest in a group game if it's going well or potentially come on to take a penalty. Just an utterly bizarre choice. Put branthwaite in for Toney and the squad looks instantly more rounded.

hang on who the hell is gonna be the centre backs at this tournament.

a half fit John stones and….Guehi with Lewis Dunk as stand in!?
Dunk? Dear me, what is Southgate thinking? Mainoo and Wharton have a few odd good games but Southgate is pandering to the media. No way are England doing anything in this tournament, I'm going to lay them for a few quid on the exchanges.

Oh do fuck off. He gives it away more than Gerard ever did, is static without it and I guarantee if he starts there against any decent side he’ll be targeted and shown for the embarrassment he is.
He's one lazy bastard, stood there the other night after passing a ball just watching play, no movement, no awareness of anything attacking threat from the opposition, can't stand him a a person but he's one over rated footballer.

Jesus fucking Christ, I thought we were meant to have a strong squad.

I have literally never heard of 2 of them, too many "forwards" that won't get a game and not enough options in Midfield.

How the fuck Grealish and even Henderson don't make that squad.

Pep knows it, lots of Midfield options to win a game or defend a game yet here we are with none.

I reckon the same 14 players will be used, 2 Rags that have barely kicked a ball all season.

Southgate, what a wanker.
Henderson is absolutely gash, offers fuck all apart from running round like Skippy the Bush Kangaroo.

I do hope Southgate someone gets hired at a rival. he would be brutally found out at club level. any coach like Iraola, Frank, Glasner are all levels above him and those are just some lower half side coaches in PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.