England squad for Nations league

It makes sense for Foden to play for the under 21's. I'd rather he play a full tournament of games as a key player than get called up for two games for England where he will most likely just be on the bench. His time will come for the senior squad but for now he needs more games.

Yes & yes.
Guess you were right mate! I have just seen the squad announcement. I bet Southgate is going to try the Pep system with Sterling and Sancho on the flanks. If it is successful the young man will back in the premier league, I still think Foden will have the better career.

It makes sense for Foden to play for the under 21's. I'd rather he play a full tournament of games as a key player than get called up for two games for England where he will most likely just be on the bench. His time will come for the senior squad but for now he needs more games.
It wouldn't surprise me if they'd spoken to Pep about this.

I agree the U21 is the way forward in his progression. Some of the ****s in the senior squad refused to go back when asked thinking they've made it.

I predict he'll get his first senior cap next season.

Imo, the powers that be don’t like to see a young English lad, who’s clearly good enough to walk into that England squad by the way, not playing for his club.
They couldn’t wait to pick Sancho soon as he left, because he’s had a decent season in a mediocre league, i also wonder which squad Foden would be in if he played in Red!

It wouldn't surprise me if they'd spoken to Pep about this.

I agree the U21 is the way forward in his progression. Some of the ****s in the senior squad refused to go back when asked thinking they've made it.

I predict he'll get his first senior cap next season.

There are a lot of quality players in the u21 squad and some probably are more worthy of a full call up than Foden. Wan Bissaka, Maddison to name just two. Foden will have an opportunity to play a full tournament which is much more beneficial for his development than being on the bench for two Nations League games.

Next season he will get a call up. There are some good central and creative midfielders coming through that will force the likes of Dier, Henderson and Alli to step up or step aside. Loftus Cheek is a big loss.

Reactions: mat
Imo, the powers that be don’t like to see a young English lad, who’s clearly good enough to walk into that England squad by the way, not playing for his club.
They couldn’t wait to pick Sancho soon as he left, because he’s had a decent season in a mediocre league, i also wonder which squad Foden would be in if he played in Red!
Think Southgate and Pep agreed about Foden's progression a while ago.

Reactions: mat
Think Southgate and Pep agreed about Foden's progression a while ago.
This.

Pep understands young English player syndrome. Ping Ping, Rashford and Sancho epitomise it. They think they've made it and lost their hunger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.