England Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m predicting we get knocked out in the group stages. Beat Iran 1-0, and draw and lose against usa and wales and go out. Wouldn’t be surprised with 3 bore draws either.
Id love it to be different but you will beat us (Wales) by at least two goals and also win the other two games.
The group draw couldnt have been easier for England

It no doubt has been said countless times, but what really is the point of this Nations League(?) nonsense. To me it just gets in the way of proper club football.
Maybe have the odd midweek International friendly, but another 'International break' and no weekend games just as the season is getting going...FFS!.
Although I've not looked at lower division attendances compared to 'normal' weekends maybe they are higher ?
If lge 1 and lge 2 and non league clubs are getting bigger crowds and more revenue because people actually want to go to proper games this at least is a positive.
It's simply a way for UEFA and the national football organizations to make more money. More games, more TV income and more sponsoring income. Money's always the reason behind increasing the size of the finals, the size of the champions league etc.

They’ll probably be most peoples “dark horse” for the 6th straight tournament, and flop
Not sure how a team ranked 1 or 2 in the world r labelled a dark horse
Belgium are held back by having a clown as a manager, a bit like ourselves:)

Last England game I watched was the euro final.
I started to believe that these players were going to actually win something.
But as I watched I realised they would never win a thing with the manager in place.
He is from a bygone time, and cannot cut it at any level above championship. Even there he would be found out now.
Shame, really. The team has some decent players and, given the right system, could do great things.
We will go to Qatar, do shit, come back and have the usual inquest, and then carry on as before.
And I will watch none of it.

excuses-files.gif

Seriously we get a beating by Germany then he should just do the right thing and pack it in .......... all them exciting young players that will cause damage if they are allowed to do so but no not this negative clown ............ he’s back out of his depth I mean including players that are in such poor form for there clubs it’s shocking ........... i seriously didn’t watch one minute of the Italy game because you know what’s coming ........... boring negative football with little or no end product .........400 minutes without a goal from open play just shows him for what he is a negative boring bottle job

Seriously we get a beating by Germany then he should just do the right thing and pack it in .......... all them exciting young players that will cause damage if they are allowed to do so but no not this negative clown ............ he’s back out of his depth I mean including players that are in such poor form for there clubs it’s shocking ........... i seriously didn’t watch one minute of the Italy game because you know what’s coming ........... boring negative football with little or no end product .........400 minutes without a goal from open play just shows him for what he is a negative boring bottle job
You’d like to think that he rewatches the Italy game and spots we created nothing with 5 at the back with 2 holding midfielders.

Our strength is wide forwards and we’re totally negating them by isolating them.

I asked before - what are these FA decisions that Southgate is obeying?
He should be demanding money to sign Haaland from Denmark for a start. Secondly, the FA directive to include players from certain teams should be resisted. Henderson, Alexander-Arnold, Maguire and Shaw - there are far better players in all of their positions, and three of them don't even play for their clubs anymore, because they are useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.