England Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love international football although like everything else it has been diluted by too many events and games.
I have watched every Euro and WC since 1970 and my two penneth is that there are good team managers/coaches and that there are good tournament managers. The latter seem to get their teams to Finals and win the things yet fail at non national level.

Southgate should have steered England to a WC final (for my money they would have beaten France in that final) and a Euro win but he froze in game and could not read what the whole of England was recognising at the time......that both Croatia and Italy were building pressure and would eventually score!

That he did nothing was criminal! A couple of stiffening subs would have done the trick but he manages in game like a frightened rabbit!

We will win nothing with Mr Grey in charge and I have put money on England finishing third in their group!

Southgate has no shame he should do what is best for the England national team and quit. He is totally out of his depth.

When was the last time, in your opinion, that the England national team had a genuinely ‘big’ manager? I mean by this a manager of vision, of excellent tactical sense, and finely tuned man management skills. A manager equal to what is supposed to be the most prestigious appointment in the land? My own view is that it probably goes back to Bobby Robson.
Bang on. Been in decline since they tried to turn England into the international rags. Wankers.

Most England players look a worry under Southgate's guidance , name one player that reproduces his club form in an England shirt , there might be a couple , but the vast majority do not .My concern is that our players come back as damaged goods after listening to the idiotic England coaching set-up and Southgates turgid,boring tactics.
Maguire ? ;-)

He got caught out a few times but at least he was one of the only players trying to drive England forward, along with Foden and Grealish when he came on.

The rest are just happy to get rid of the ball as quick as possible and pass it sideways. Sterling was awful, Saka useless in his position. Rice the crab looked petrified on the ball.

So I thought Bellingham looked bright in that respect. He seemed to have the right ideas at times.

He obviously has quality, I just think sometimes some people on here don’t want to acknowledge it in case he ends up at Liverpool instead. I’d take him here in a heartbeat, even if it takes him a couple of years to hit the standards we need. He has the ability to be a genuine top level midfielder. He actually looks to be a bit assertive too, which is more than you can see if anybody else on the pitch. Rice is supposed to be a leader on the pitch for West Ham but goes into hiding for England. What does Kane offer as captain?

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying he was spectacular or anything but he’s a really good player and if other players in the England team had the same drive as him to get the ball going forward and make things happen, we might actually score some goals. But you’re only as good as the players around you and I think with the right management and tactics,,Bellingham would flourish in that England team. So would Foden and Grealish.

But it just seems to be a shit show from the management downwards at the moment.
He played better against us in last season’s champions league quarter final particularly the home match when he had a perfectly good goal disallowed in my view for a foul on Ederson. No doubt he is a good player it’s just I did not think he did anything last night that deserved the media accolades - none of them did.
For what it’s worth I don’t see his move to Liverpool as a done deal despite the media’s insistence, I’m sure he will have several options!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.