England Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this again (and again and again):

We will win nothing under Southgate.

He continues to play turgid football with half of his selection consistently comprised of woefully limited players (Maguire being the prime example).

We flattered to deceive in the first half against Italy—statistics will say we were dominant but really Italy were absolutely horrible. They then came back out with some drive and composure and we get that second half.

Then waistcoat makes some of the most moronic tactical choices possible, both before and after the sending off. How Saka outlasted Foden is fucking beyond understanding (he was awful all match).

If not for Stones, we’d have lost the match.

This is our level under him. Celebrating hanging on for a win after stupid decision after stupid decision. This is as far as England progresses whilst he is in charge. And I am of the opinion we are actually getting worse.

We are very fortunate to have won and broken Italy’s streak.

Dion Dublin, how does he get any gigs at all and how has he turned up on ITV? Thick as pig shit.

Game on mute now.
He wasn’t on his own tonight. Joe Cole is a walking talking moron, but Gerrard topped them all by describing someone as a ‘duck out of water’. The standard of pundits at the moment is absolute garbage.

He wasn’t on his own tonight. Joe Cole is a walking talking moron, but Gerrard topped them all by describing someone as a ‘duck out of water’. The standard of pundits at the moment is absolute garbage.
Yeah, I chuckled when Gerrard slipped that in, as well…

He continues to play turgid football with half of his selection consistently comprised of woefully limited players (Maguire being the prime example).

We flattered to deceive in the first half against Italy—statistics will say we were dominant but really Italy were absolutely horrible. They then came back out with some drive and composure and we get that second half.

Then waistcoat makes some of the most moronic tactical choices possible, both before and after the sending off. How Saka outlasted Foden is fucking beyond understanding (he was awful all match).

This is our level under him. Celebrating hanging on for a win after stupid decision after stupid decision. This is as far as England progresses whilst he is in charge. And I am of the opinion we are actually getting worse.

One step forward ten steps back
Im sick of england and i think so are the players, most look so average when they pull on that shirt.
Southgate scratching through every game with bizarre tactics and subs.
Fuck his record england are dull as fuck.

I couldn't tell you what we are as a team.

Southgate has a plan A, and that is setting us up to not lose a game. He has no plan B, he has no other tactics. He said he'd been planning for that quarter-final against France for years, I still don't know what our plan was.

His substitutions are always like for like, and his reluctance to pick Foden (in any position) is mind boggling.

I don't mind Maguire, he generally performs well for England and that is in no small part to having Rice and Phillips in front of him, so he's not too exposed. We're solid defensively, but playing with pretty much a double pivot, comes at the cost of our attack and that is where Southgate is weakest.

Paid City break sending these talentless twats to matches.

Great result,but very fortunate to get such given Southgates lack of awareness and incredibly poor use of subs.

It was guaranteed we would be reduced to 10,and yet the clueless **** did nothing.

Thankfully exceptional individual performances from 2 or 3 saw us over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.