England Thread - 2023/24

Southgate quoting Peps tactics when he hasn’t got a fucking clue how he thinks.

The waistcoat wanker sees the game rigidly like a 442 where everybody has a role. Even if they play a different formation he still sees the game that way. He expects full backs to go up & down the flanks & midfielders to protect the back 4. It’s a symmetrical line up where the left matches the right. Possession football is just passing across the back with no purpose. He is everything that Pep despises ( and me the ****! ) He uses stats to back up his selection of Henderson instead of the critical thinking of his set up that’s made workman like Henderson his best player & nullified his stars.

Pep laughs at formations & says often it’s just numbers on a piece of paper & the importance is space, overloads, 1:1s & moving opposition players.

At times when Foden is RW at the start he moves inside & KDB is pinging crosses in & Phil plays between the lines. If Grealish is left wing he’s playing it differently to when Phil plays there. Now on the right we are using Walker high & wide, last season Bernardo & Palmer & Doku have played there all differently. It’s constantly changing & fluid so to get the most of the players he has. When Alvarez was playing Pep said I’ve got to find a way to get him in but the left doesn’t match the right but the importance is control & moving the ball with purpose.

I keep hearing criticism of Foden & it’s insane. He’s not Sonny Pike, the lad came on & replaced KDB in centre midfield & this **** says Pep doesn’t trust him in the middle. Phil has been amazing in 4 of the 5 games this season, his performance against Newcastle was record breaking & Haaland should have scored 5 & Phil should have had 7 assists. But he misses 85 minutes versus Sheff Utd cos he’d had the shits all week & he can’t get a game which follows the pathetic narrative created last year.

So the **** who’s asking which players start in top international teams I’ll say the City, Real & Bayern players cos to get in those teams is higher standard than any international team.

Walker, Stones, Foden, Grealish
Bellingham,
Kane

Every time Southgate talks he’s showing his lack of understanding.
This This This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is the daft **** digging Phil out IN PUBLIC? If he feels Phil isn’t good enough to play centrally for England (which obviously isn’t true) why the fuck isn’t that a PRIVATE conversation between him and Phil? Moron
Exactly. Think it’s a defensive reaction to the criticism of his selections. Wish Pep would come out & discredit the so-called “conversation “ but he’s too discreet to knock the idiot down

Isn't that the point about Southgate, that the manager should be able to make the team greater as a whole. Look at what Jack Charlton did with players nowhere near the technical ability of this England team.

Maybe Richards Keys should tell everyone, Southgate needs an attacking coach
Yeah, probably. But it‘s not the usual accusation levelled at him at the moment. The main argument seems to be that he has an exceptionally gifted squad that isn‘t meeting its potential.
Either way, he‘s not doing enough at the moment and should probably go. Though to be fair, in 2018 we maybe were better than the sum of our parts.

most gifted squad playing the most boring football. QED, manager hasn't a clue.

The fucking hypocrite
It was only a few years ago he was desperate for the England job

He was, more than a few years ago now. That doesn't make him a hypocrite for saying they bore the shit out of him though. We've been bored rigid by Southgate and still won fuck all. At least if appy Arry was in charge we might not win fuck all but we would be entertained.

The fucking hypocrite
It was only a few years ago he was desperate for the England job

What is hypocritical about calling out the piss poor standard,and tactical shit shows,we are being subjected to because we have an inept clown in charge? Or calling out the unnecessary/useless games against cannon fodder that don't do a great deal more than risk injury or build caps for his usual,inept,undeserving,suspects?

I'm sure he would still take the job,and even at his advancing years.....could still do a far better job than this current ****.

The press are so fucking weak in this country. They allow liars like Mourinho, Wenger, Klopp and now this streak of piss Southgate to sit there carping on about why this isn't fair, that wouldn't happen at their clubs or this is why I don't play him there, and never once challenge the bastards with the obvious that stares the rest of us in the face.

One simple question for this toothy fucker when he starts on about Pep not playing Foden centrally - "Well Jurgen Klopp doesn't play Terence Trent Darby in attacking midfield for Liverpool, but it doesn't stop you from putting him there for England - can you explain the double standard?"

Lewis Dunk, Jarrod Bowen, James Ward Prowse and Phil Foden all have every right to announce that they are unavailable for England duty for as long as this thundercunt remains in charge.

Hope Phil tells the waistcoat king to fuck off tonight as no doubt he will play. Same with Kyle.

I've got mixed feelings about Southgate but he's not completely wrong, is he?

We all want and know Phil can play in the midfield but Pep constantly playing him on the wing despite saying for YEARS that he will eventually play centrally all while saying he lacks certain qualities to play in there consistently isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Let's see if this is the year Phil gets a real run in the middle but seeing Pep put him back out on the wing versus Fulham after a 10/10 performance versus Newcastle through the middle doesn't fill me with hope.
He speak out of both sides of his mouth by picking Maguire, a player who hardly plays in any position for his club, and Henderson who is a mediocre player in semi-retirement over in Saudi. Make it make sense

As for not getting into City’s midfield, Phil has had a number of world class midfielders playing ahead of him over the last few seasons. Who are the world class midfielders getting a place ahead of him in England’s midfield?

For me it’s not even about playing Phil in midfield, it’s that the goofy twat doesn’t start him at all which is the travesty

Waistcoat questioning Foden just shows exactly why he's the clueless fuck we all think he is and he probably doesn't even realise how stupid he makes himself sound saying what he's just said. "pep doesn't play him there, i dont know why, but I can't play him there either"
That logic goes out of the window when he decides to play Maddison out on the left. A position he doesn’t play and didn’t play against Ukraine as he was always inside. Then we were unbalanced and easier to defend against.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.