England Thread - 2023/24

Waistcoat questioning Foden just shows exactly why he's the clueless fuck we all think he is and he probably doesn't even realise how stupid he makes himself sound saying what he's just said. "pep doesn't play him there, i dont know why, but I can't play him there either"

Foden doesn't have kdb, gundogan Bernardo silva, alvarez and others to contend with for a place at international level. He's got the now retired Jordan henderson, Connor Gallagher and James Maddison. It shouldnt even be a question
He starts amongst that pool of players and is the focal point for any international side with a semi-competent manager.

He also has to fit into a complex attacking system at city that typically see's us have just 4 defensive minded players in the side and maybe we need more control in the middle at times compared to Southgate who favours a back 5 and a minimum 2 holding midfielders and not only could afford to give foden more freedom, would benefit from it when foden pulls the strings and makes Southgate seem less clueless.

Maybe if Southgate had more nous than the failed championship manager that he is, he'd be able to come up with something for himself and set the team up to best utilise the best player we have instead of benching him because he hasn't got a clue.

I'd be livid with the FA for such a criminal appointment and continued employment if I genuinely gave a shit about england. As it is, as somebody that would like to see us win but not really arsed either way, I just feel sorry for foden and the other city players who are being seriously held back at international level having somebody so woefully out of his depth in charge.

I've said this before but unless we fluke a win through sheer talent next summer, I'm certain we will all look back on this period as the standout most wasteful squad we've ever had. The way we currently look back at the "Golden era" around svens time and question how we won nothing with the likes of Cole, Terry, Campbell. Gerrard. Lampard, Scholes, Beckham, Owen etc will pale in comparison to how we evaluate southgates reign and it's all down to the man in charge.

In my eyes his comments here are a shocking admission that he doesn't know what he's doing.

Spurs dont play maddison left wing either but it didnt stop the clueless wanker playing him there on saturday. He just makes it up. Foden has played mostly in the center this season and has shone. He played 75% of a champions league final there you dopey twat.

Spurs dont play maddison left wing either but it didnt stop the clueless wanker playing him there on saturday. He just makes it up. Foden has played mostly in the center this season and has shone. He played 75% of a champions league final there you dopey twat.

From Opta stats City v Newcastle

72CA5026-FBB8-4F85-A0F8-23651135411E.jpeg

Phil Foden created seven chances from open play for Manchester City in this match – his most in a single Premier League game, in what was his 131st appearance in the competition.

Waistcoat is a gas-lighting ****!

Southgate using Foden again as a deflection mechanism following another crap England performance. The man is a pathetic charlatan.

If the real aim for England is qualification and the money that comes with it, fine. If the aim is winning something, then this negative dinosaur is nowhere near good enough. In two major championship matches, Croatia and Italy, England took the lead and then instantly sat back and played hoof ball. In both games Pickford had the most touches.

Of course Southgate does not trust Foden, likewise Grealish and even Rashford, because he wants 4/5 defenders and 2 holding midfielders. Southgate is Sam Allardyce in a waistcoat. If you gave the current English players to Terry Venables or Bobby Robson, they would win tournaments.

Time to get rid of this fucking no mark losing fucker Southgate.

We need a foreign manager a tried and tested winner.

Southgate has never won any major trophy, in fact when did an English manager last win a major trophy of any kind.
International is dead apart from the latter stages of tournaments.
The managers who keep getting jobs proves it Roberto Martinez Portugal after fucking Belgium.
Waistcoat nothing more to say!

I think we had tried and tested winners with Capello and Sven, who had better teams than Southgate had and we failed.

I think we as a nation are rather arrogant thinking we can win stuff when we haven't since 1966. I always compare England to Spurs, we tried this tried and tested foreign winners with AVB, Conte and Jose and won fuck all. I dunno how it would work with England when we have gone that route before and it failed.

I think we have punched above our weight personally. My only beef with Southgate is we are too negative when push comes to shove, but you could say that about the past 7-8 England managers.

I think with friendlies and qualifiers all most people hope for is their players come back unscathed. I think part of the slow mundane shit is risk of injury

He`s never won anything as a manager and nothing as a coach. This isn`t personal but if we are sending our player out at the risk of serious injury I`d like there to be some chance of winning something.

The standard of international football is predominantly shite.

Last edited:
I think Harry speaks for most of us

The one time he has spoken ( and I have actually listened) and he is absolutely right.

Paraphrased for him, due to being on tv - " Watching England is a fucking waste of time and patience ."

Southgate makes watching the England games a boring torture and total waste of talent that certain players possess.

Bravo Harry for saying what 99% of us think! What is the fucking point?? They might as well just dispense with the qualifiers, because unless you have a nightmare like Italy did and Germany appear to be doing, the big teams are certain to qualify anyway. They should just get a bye. Nobody wants to watch Morocco v Iran at a world cup finals except people from those countries. They are there as cannon fodder although the odd shock does happen. The world cup is the big teams competing.

As for England the absolute minimum we should expect is the quarter finals and we usually achieve that. This is because the groups are geared that way. We are the national equivalent of inferior teams we play in the premier league. Boring and dull, defend in depth and hope for a set piece or one moment of luck or magic to win. We are fucking shit and that stems from the incompetent shitehouse in charge.
The fucking hypocrite
It was only a few years ago he was desperate for the England job

In all walks of life you encounter plenty of 'managers' who don't have the skills to help the team get the job done but whose main 'skill' is managing upwards to their bosses who are often off with the fairies themselves. To do this they are adept at throwing their own staff under the bus in the cause of self preservation, often the wrong ones too. As far as I can tell Southgate fits that archetype so maybe he's our ideal national coach!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.