England Thread - 2023/24

I truly believe England under Southgate have been superb for many years.
Jokes aside, I wanted to say I am sad that the FA have lowered expectations so low that you and a fair few others feel this way.

Fabs of any nation that have recently won a major tournament would not class England’s performance under Southgate as “superb”.

Lloris = Pickford

Walker > Koundé
Stones > Varane
Maguire = Upamecano (both shite, better players on bench for both sides)
Hernandez < Shaw

Bellingham > Tchouameni
Rice > Rabiot
Griezmann = Foden (debatable)
M'bappe >>>> Dinner Lady
Saka > Dembele
Kane >>> Giroud

I'm being kind to France aswell
I dont think you are. Look at Greizmann goal record, he scored 94 goals in 180 La Liga games over a 5 year period for Atletico Madrid. He elevated Athletico Madrid beyong the normal and won La Liga's with them against Real Madrid and Barcelona, and took them to two Champions League finals. He combined with Mbappe to win the World Cup. Why is Foden his equal? Foden a country mile to go before he gets to Greizmann's level. Thats if he ever does

Didnt Stones let Manzukic in during the semifinal? Why is Stones considered above Varane? Because of the past 12 months? Did you not see Varane's accomplishments in La Liga. Let me guess, you regularly use the phrase 'done it in the Prem'

The French boys did. They won the World Cup in 2018 and almost won it again in 2022. Yet we think were better than them? We are so fuking arrogant. The rest of the world are on point when it comes to English capacity for self delusion.

I dont think you are. Look at Greizmann goal record, he scored 94 goals in 180 La Liga games over a 5 year period for Atletico Madrid. He elevated Athletico Madrid beyong the normal and won La Liga's with them against Real Madrid and Barcelona, and took them to two Champions League finals. He combined with Mbappe to win the World Cup. Why is Foden his equal? Foden a country mile to go before he gets to Greizmann's level. Thats if he ever does

Didnt Stones let Manzukic in during the semifinal? Why is Stones considered above Varane? Because of the past 12 months? Did you not see Varane's accomplishments in La Liga. Let me guess, you regularly use the phrase 'done it in the Prem'

The French boys did. They won the World Cup in 2018 and almost won it again in 2022. Yet we think were better than them? We are so fuking arrogant. The rest of the world are on point when it comes to English capacity for self delusion.
I'd argue we're at the very least level with them. What separates us is the coaching.

Greizmann has been fairly average since his move to Barcelona. There's not a sensible person in the world who would take Grieizmann ahead of Foden at the moment.

As for Varane and Stones, have you watched football for the past few years? Varane has been bang average for United, Stones has been imperious for City. Whatever Varane achieved in La Liga is long gone.

2018 is irrelevant to now, it was 5 years ago and France were clearly the best team at the time. They've since lost to an average Swiss side at the Euro's and apart from beating England they had an underwhelming run to the 2022 final.

Why is stones considered above Varane ? Get off the city forum you piss taking cockney ****

I'd argue we're at the very least level with them. What separates us is the coaching.

Greizmann has been fairly average since his move to Barcelona. There's not a sensible person in the world who would take Grieizmann ahead of Foden at the moment.

As for Varane and Stones, have you watched football for the past few years? Varane has been bang average for United, Stones has been imperious for City. Whatever Varane achieved in La Liga is long gone.

2018 is irrelevant to now, it was 5 years ago and France were clearly the best team at the time. They've since lost to an average Swiss side at the Euro's and apart from beating England they had an underwhelming run to the 2022 final.
Of course Foden is better than Greizmann now. But peak Griezmann was elite, top tier stuff, the best French attacking midfielder since Zidane.

As for Stones v Varane. Your right, Stones is miles ahead at present. But when France won the World Cup, Varane was at this apex at Real Madrid.

Until our lads can actually do it. We have no business assuming we are better than France. We also dont have a player like Mbappe. Infact we have never had a Messi, Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho type player. A player who could generally lay claim to be the worlds best.

What is it with Arsenal fans and Foden? Fans of all other clubs and pundits love him. I go on twitter and it’s just Arsenal fans that have a negative view of him. Weird take.

Of course Foden is better than Greizmann now. But peak Griezmann was elite, top tier stuff, the best French attacking midfielder since Zidane.

As for Stones v Varane. Your right, Stones is miles ahead at present. But when France won the World Cup, Varane was at this apex at Real Madrid.

Until our lads can actually do it. We have no business assuming we are better than France. We also dont have a player like Mbappe. Infact we have never had a Messi, Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho type player. A player who could generally lay claim to be the worlds best.

Worlds best you say, mmmmmmmm, you so called have the worlds best in your ranks don't you ?

Him who was on the bench last night

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.