England Thread - 2023/24

I dont think you are. Look at Greizmann goal record, he scored 94 goals in 180 La Liga games over a 5 year period for Atletico Madrid. He elevated Athletico Madrid beyong the normal and won La Liga's with them against Real Madrid and Barcelona, and took them to two Champions League finals. He combined with Mbappe to win the World Cup. Why is Foden his equal? Foden a country mile to go before he gets to Greizmann's level. Thats if he ever does

Didnt Stones let Manzukic in during the semifinal? Why is Stones considered above Varane? Because of the past 12 months? Did you not see Varane's accomplishments in La Liga. Let me guess, you regularly use the phrase 'done it in the Prem'

The French boys did. They won the World Cup in 2018 and almost won it again in 2022. Yet we think were better than them? We are so fuking arrogant. The rest of the world are on point when it comes to English capacity for self delusion.
Just remind me what you said about Saliba after FOURTEEN league matches last season'

Just for the record. Last night I saw just four forward passes by £105m Declan Rice. The first was after 29 minutes and 59 seconds, the second in the 43rd minute and then his peak moment came in the the 79th minute when he managed two in the space of one minute.

Last edited:
The only way England will win anything is that the UK becomes its own continent, leaves The Council of Europe and with the other Home Nations all leave UEFA and form their own confederation.

Every four years they compete with Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland in "UK Championship 2028" as the first tournament in a Round Robin and they win every four years, ending "62 Years of Hurt".

However, the club teams still need that UEFA Champions League revenue, so the UKFU (UK Football Union), can form a deal with UEFA allowing their teams to take part as guests.

Totally idiotic isn't it?, but with the UK always wanting to be different from Mainland Europe, I believe anything now and nothing will surprise me.

In defence of waistcoat can I just say.................

I'm sorry, I can't think of anything

To help you out

the highest win% for England than any other manager , got us to our first ever Euros finals only to lose on pens and has won as many knockout games between 2018-2023 than England have achieved between 1966-2017

Also we were top scorers last World Cup and youngest squad selected.

I and many others thought Phil Foden had a good game. Bellingham played well too. The difference in coverage, specifically post match interviews completely airbrushed Foden's contribution from the game.

I thought Foden played well, maybe his best game in an England shirt, but it was pretty clear to everyone watching that Bellingham was head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch last night. Everything good that England created went through him, and all of Foden's best moments were either benefitting from, or linking up with Bellingham.

no way of knowing that.
The reason Italy won is because they had a manager ,far superior to Southgate, who after a bad start changed the tactics and recovered the situation whilst Southgate didn't do anything of significance to affect the game This is typical of Southgate's time as England manger he is out of his depth and when he comes up against a superior opponent he fails The rest of the time the quality of the team gets him though We win despite him not because of him

I thought Foden played well, maybe his best game in an England shirt, but it was pretty clear to everyone watching that Bellingham was head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch last night. Everything good that England created went through him, and all of Foden's best moments were either benefitting from, or linking up with Bellingham.

I thought Bellingham benefited greatly from Foden & vice versa, now imagine only 1 DM & Saka & Grealish in the team with Kane & those 2.

To help you out

the highest win% for England than any other manager , got us to our first ever Euros finals only to lose on pens and has won as many knockout games between 2018-2023 than England have achieved between 1966-2017

Got relegated in the Nations' League

Not going to take the piss out of HM. At this point it's quite clear he's in a fragile state so he needs help to overcome whatever is causing him to keep making mistakes. He's become the focal point for a lot of jokes which is probably affecting his mental health. Perhaps it's time to lay off him and let him breathe a bit

To help you out

And he's a boring twat who plays shit football.
And goes back on his word.
Not play players who aren't in form???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.