England Thread - 2023/24

Not going to take the piss out of HM. At this point it's quite clear he's in a fragile state so he needs help to overcome whatever is causing him to keep making mistakes. He's become the focal point for a lot of jokes which is probably affecting his mental health. Perhaps it's time to lay off him and let him breathe a bit

Doubt the " hatred " he is currently experiencing is all down to City supporters, but more from his own rancid club and the pathetic lemmings who believe in the propaganda.

Instead of sorting the issue out regarding his contract issues and getting rid, I suspect that they are holding out for forcing him out .

Tbh for his own sanity, getting out of that shithole would probably be worth losing a few millions. But easy for me to say.

Any decent player should learn a valuable lesson from the past experience of so many who took the money ............................better to be poorer and never associated with the cunts ..............imho.

Got relegated in the Nations' League

If getting "relegated" in a quasi-competition meant to replace friendlies is your best argument, it's probably time to shut up.

I would put money on you slating the Nations League to all and sundry as compeltely meaningless until you realised you could use it to attack Southgate.

Not going to take the piss out of HM. At this point it's quite clear he's in a fragile state so he needs help to overcome whatever is causing him to keep making mistakes. He's become the focal point for a lot of jokes which is probably affecting his mental health. Perhaps it's time to lay off him and let him breathe a bit

Why do you think he's in a fragile state?

People keep projecting this on to Maguire but whenever he's asked about it he's been defiant and arrogant about how he doesn't care at all, and rejected multiple moves last summer to play elsewhere and get his form back.

This dickhead started a bomb hoax in his garden two summers ago and assaulted police officers in Greece. Fuck the snidey twat

To help you out

the highest win% for England than any other manager , got us to our first ever Euros finals only to lose on pens and has won as many knockout games between 2018-2023 than England have achieved between 1966-2017

Also we were top scorers last World Cup and youngest squad selected.
Firstly, I am a neutral regarding Gareth Southgate ( a Welshman, who has lived in England since 1975, so following City since 1977, have seen many excellent England players).
In my humble opinion, next year's Euros are the 2nd best chance ever for England to win a major trophy.
Last season's Euro Final at Wembley after being 1-0 early on was a golden opportunity to win the tournament.
However, Gareth Southgate completely bottled it.
He has done very well in uniting players of clubs (in Red ?) who previously stayed apart.
He is very personable with the media, who give him a relatively easy time.
He is very loyal, bordering on it clouding his better judgement (Maguire, Henderson & Phillips not playing regularly at the top level).
I don't think Phil, Bellingham or Madison will appreciate his tactics, as he is very, very cautious.
Finally, he allows King Harry Kane to play where he wants, in whatever part of the pitch he fancies.
As it's too late in the current campaign to replace him, you English fans will have to wait until after next year's Euros for your next manager.
God forbid though if the FA give him another contract extension if he fails - don't bet on it though...

Firstly, I am a neutral regarding Gareth Southgate ( a Welshman, who has lived in England since 1975, so following City since 1977, have seen many excellent England players).
In my humble opinion, next year's Euros are the 2nd best chance ever for England to win a major trophy.
Last season's Euro Final at Wembley after being 1-0 early on was a golden opportunity to win the tournament.
However, Gareth Southgate completely bottled it.
He has done very well in uniting players of clubs (in Red ?) who previously stayed apart.
He is very personable with the media, who give him a relatively easy time.
He is very loyal, bordering on it clouding his better judgement (Maguire, Henderson & Phillips not playing regularly at the top level).
I don't think Phil, Bellingham or Madison will appreciate his tactics, as he is very, very cautious.
Finally, he allows King Harry Kane to play where he wants, in whatever part of the pitch he fancies.
As it's too late in the current campaign to replace him, you English fans will have to wait until after next year's Euros for your next manager.
God forbid though if the FA give him another contract extension if he fails - don't bet on it though...

Most major tournaments are won by shit managers. Southgate’s not the best but wouldn’t be the worst to win an international tournament.

I don’t remember anyone wishing England had Scaloni before Qatar. Argentine fans were annoyed with his selections, he had zero experience, but ultimately he picked the right XI and they won him a World Cup.

Southgate will go after this tournament, but it’s very unlikely that anyone interested in international management will be a significant upgrade.

To help you out

the highest win% for England than any other manager , got us to our first ever Euros finals only to lose on pens and has won as many knockout games between 2018-2023 than England have achieved between 1966-2017

Also we were top scorers last World Cup and youngest squad selected.
I must have missed the trophy parades. Damn

Why do you think he's in a fragile state?

People keep projecting this on to Maguire but whenever he's asked about it he's been defiant and arrogant about how he doesn't care at all, and rejected multiple moves last summer to play elsewhere and get his form back.

I really hope that is his mindset. Richard Edghill anyone?

Most major tournaments are won by shit managers. Southgate’s not the best but wouldn’t be the worst to win an international tournament.

I don’t remember anyone wishing England had Scaloni before Qatar. Argentine fans were annoyed with his selections, he had zero experience, but ultimately he picked the right XI and they won him a World Cup.

Southgate will go after this tournament, but it’s very unlikely that anyone interested in international management will be a significant upgrade.

After the way Sir Alf was treated, do we deserve to win another trophy?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.