England Thread - 2023/24

It really, really annoys me how Southgate wastes Fodens talent. If he was any other nationality he’d walk into the starting 11.

I’m not even suggesting it needs to be through the middle (although that’s my opinion), but players as good as Foden you put on the pitch, it’s that simple.

It’s pretty staggering that Foden, given his pedigree has yet to have a meaningful run of games at international level. How many times has he started back to back games?

The dinosaurs at the FA got their fingers burnt with BFS, GS was a "safe" option. no trophies but no scandal. He has never shown any promise as a tactics man, he is out of his depth at this level, incapable of innovation and inspiration, seems not to have grown into the job, or ever will...

Why is the daft **** digging Phil out IN PUBLIC? If he feels Phil isn’t good enough to play centrally for England (which obviously isn’t true) why the fuck isn’t that a PRIVATE conversation between him and Phil? Moron

Southgate quoting Peps tactics when he hasn’t got a fucking clue how he thinks.

The waistcoat wanker sees the game rigidly like a 442 where everybody has a role. Even if they play a different formation he still sees the game that way. He expects full backs to go up & down the flanks & midfielders to protect the back 4. It’s a symmetrical line up where the left matches the right. Possession football is just passing across the back with no purpose. He is everything that Pep despises ( and me the ****! ) He uses stats to back up his selection of Henderson instead of the critical thinking of his set up that’s made workman like Henderson his best player & nullified his stars.

Pep laughs at formations & says often it’s just numbers on a piece of paper & the importance is space, overloads, 1:1s & moving opposition players.

At times when Foden is RW at the start he moves inside & KDB is pinging crosses in & Phil plays between the lines. If Grealish is left wing he’s playing it differently to when Phil plays there. Now on the right we are using Walker high & wide, last season Bernardo & Palmer & Doku have played there all differently. It’s constantly changing & fluid so to get the most of the players he has. When Alvarez was playing Pep said I’ve got to find a way to get him in but the left doesn’t match the right but the importance is control & moving the ball with purpose.

I keep hearing criticism of Foden & it’s insane. He’s not Sonny Pike, the lad came on & replaced KDB in centre midfield & this **** says Pep doesn’t trust him in the middle. Phil has been amazing in 4 of the 5 games this season, his performance against Newcastle was record breaking & Haaland should have scored 5 & Phil should have had 7 assists. But he misses 85 minutes versus Sheff Utd cos he’d had the shits all week & he can’t get a game which follows the pathetic narrative created last year.

So the **** who’s asking which players start in top international teams I’ll say the City, Real & Bayern players cos to get in those teams is higher standard than any international team.

Walker, Stones, Foden, Grealish
Bellingham,
Kane

Every time Southgate talks he’s showing his lack of understanding.

He's just making excuses before he doesn't pick him, maybe he saw how the Ten bob Sancho incident panned out and thought he would have a bit of that.

Time to get rid of this fucking no mark losing fucker Southgate.

We need a foreign manager a tried and tested winner.

Southgate has never won any major trophy, in fact when did an English manager last win a major trophy of any kind.

I think we had tried and tested winners with Capello and Sven, who had better teams than Southgate had and we failed.

I think we as a nation are rather arrogant thinking we can win stuff when we haven't since 1966. I always compare England to Spurs, we tried this tried and tested foreign winners with AVB, Conte and Jose and won fuck all. I dunno how it would work with England when we have gone that route before and it failed.

I think we have punched above our weight personally. My only beef with Southgate is we are too negative when push comes to shove, but you could say that about the past 7-8 England managers.

I think with friendlies and qualifiers all most people hope for is their players come back unscathed. I think part of the slow mundane shit is risk of injury

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.