England Thread - 2023/24

Why is the daft **** digging Phil out IN PUBLIC? If he feels Phil isn’t good enough to play centrally for England (which obviously isn’t true) why the fuck isn’t that a PRIVATE conversation between him and Phil? Moron

It's not the first time the boring **** has hung City players out to dry. Foden, Walker, Grealish, Sterling and I'm sure Stones have all suffered at waistcoats hands. The fact he's too inept to get the best out of one of our gifted England players is all about him and his coaching staff, nobody else.

Never really been arsed about the England team because I've despised so many of the players. Still do, to be fair. But I did think Southgate deserved respect for doing the most of any England manager in my lifetime, and with worse squads.

But it couldn't have been clearer that he had taken them as far as he could and it was time to move on. The guy is absolutely spineless.

What is hypocritical about calling out the piss poor standard,and tactical shit shows,we are being subjected to because we have an inept clown in charge? Or calling out the unnecessary/useless games against cannon fodder that don't do a great deal more than risk injury or build caps for his usual,inept,undeserving,suspects?

I'm sure he would still take the job,and even at his advancing years.....could still do a far better job than this current ****.
To be fair, despite not liking Old 'arry, I've always enjoyed his style of football.

Who the fuck does the waistcoat wanker think he is. Utter fraud of an England manager. The team got to the final and semi-final DESPITE his management, not because of it. He was completely clueless when the going got tough and a proper manager was needed to make tactical changes to win games. What a waste of a generation

Etatoonal Exactly. Think it’s a defensive reaction to the criticism of his selections. Wish Pep would come out & discredit the so-called “conversation “ but he’s too discreet to knock the idiot down
Quite agree. To compare City to England is fucking ridiculous. Foden is a generational talent and should be running the England midfield.

A great pity. Though not many rate Southgate as a manager of talented players there has generally been a feeling that he's a decent chap who has established an excellent mood in the squad ... and all that. Openly criticising a player's aspirations when, presumably, those aspirations have been expressed, quite properly, in private is a big step in the wrong direction. I don't think that Phil went public with his ambitions did he? I wonder if the pressure is finally getting to Southgate.

A great pity. Though not many rate Southgate as a manager of talented players there has generally been a feeling that he's a decent chap who has established an excellent mood in the squad ... and all that. Openly criticising a player's aspirations when, presumably, those aspirations have been expressed, quite properly, in private is a big step in the wrong direction. I don't think that Phil went public with his ambitions did he? I wonder if the pressure is finally getting to Southgate.

The good mood is good PR. We don’t know what went on with both White & Sterling but neither have been forgiven. Clearly many think he’s a **** but are professional enough to get on with it.

The truth will come when the **** steps down.

Presumably when Southgate leaves England he’ll walk straight into a job with a top Champions League club.

Why is the daft **** digging Phil out IN PUBLIC? If he feels Phil isn’t good enough to play centrally for England (which obviously isn’t true) why the fuck isn’t that a PRIVATE conversation between him and Phil? Moron

I don't understand it. You've got a talented young player and rather than build confidence by saying "he's good enough to play anywhere" even if you then play him out wide, you've done your job. Instead he claims he can't play in the middle, that Pep doesn't play him there even though he does and you destroy him.

He thought Phil drifted out wide against Newcastle. Go watch the youtube highlights Gareth, you'll see where Phil was picking up the ball and it was in the no 10 spot. Yes he moved into space, which is the sign of a good player and something you should embrace. Having Rice and Henderson static and stuck in a certain area is why we created fuck all the other night!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.