England v Bosnia & Herzegovina | Mon 3rd June, 19:45 | Friendly

There’s games whether a tougher opposition or not will have zero impact to the major tournament - did our pre tournament friendlies negatively impact us the last Euros ? In which we reached the final.
Against the better opposition England tend to get knocked out.

It was hardly tournament winning stuff against side that England were expected to beat. Against a stronger footballing team then I would be a little more convinced that they might do something different in a major tournament.

The waistcoat learned a lot from that match :)

First half was awful, but to be fair that was the game to decide who wasn't going to be in the final squad rather than who was.
I just watched the 1st half, couldn't take anymore. What the fuck is this manager being paid for. What has he been doing with these players ? Fucking shite that a bloke whose never won a bean as a manager, except relegation can be the national coach.

I saw the starting eleven and didn't watch any of the match,it was fairly obvious the game would be a bit shit,consequently I gave it a miss.

Southgate must know what his line up is going to be in the 1st group match,barring injuries,so instead of moaning about friendly performances,I'll keep my powder dry for the competitive games.

Albert Davy got it right with his comment about whittling down to his final squad.

These games are to sharpen the players up for the tournament, test systems and tactics and look at refining the squad. Not an easy task, but looking into performance and results when so many starters are out is unfair.

When it comes to cutting 7 out, Trafford is one and I would add Guehi based on yesterday. Jones is a likely omission, but Wharton looked very comfortable and I thought he might get axed.

I still believe Watkins gets the chop. He doesn't suit out style and doesn't take pens. Toney will go as Kane's backup.

Total punt but Quansah, Shaw and Bowen the other cuts. Shaw hasn't been fit in years, can't see him making it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.