England v Brazil | Friendly | Match Thread

Genuine question, BH:

Is there a point at which you would want Southgate to be replaced?

Probably after this Euros regardless , unless we win it. Just for the fact he’s been at helm along time and someone else deserves a crack.
He’s done a very good job, Semi Final World Cup , Penalty shoot out away from winning Euros. Giving so many young kids a chance and built a really good spirit around the team.
Tactics, formations, who should play etc all bore me, everyone has different opinions and no manager will please everyone. England job really is the ultimate poison chalice.

Really couldn’t care less if England win/lose a friendly - leave that to those that want there country to lose so they can vent and show they’re the most outraged
I'll say this even though it should be obvious - the problem here is that City fans have been so spoilt watching unbelievable, high quality football, improving year on year for 12 years, that we are always bored these days by the standard of international football, but especially involving England. I doubt that any of us want Southgate/ England to fail; we just find it incredibly boring and substandard compared to what we see week-in, week-out. Try looking at it from that perspective. Most of us are so uninspired by the football on offer that it's hard to maintain any interest in such an average offer, and I don't think you can deny that such a view is reasonable for the vast majority of games, since the heady days of Venables, and later, Hoddle, being in charge.

I watched a lot of the match tonight and the saying about prefering to watch paint dry rather than watching that shite came to mind numerous times. 5 live just said that England had 3 shots on target in the 90 minutes. At our Wembley "fortress."

I don't think I'll be investing £125 for an England shirt anytime soon.

Really couldn’t care less if England win/lose a friendly - leave that to those that want there country to lose so they can vent and show they’re the most outraged

That's probably why he didn't come to City. Nor saying he is a bad player but it's more about him than the team. As someone said earlier he has the same attitude as Fernandes, if something goes wrong it's never his fault just the ones around him who aren't on the same wavelength.
Bang on

Probably after this Euros regardless , unless we win it. Just for the fact he’s been at helm along time and someone else deserves a crack.
He’s done a very good job, Semi Final World Cup , Penalty shoot out away from winning Euros. Giving so many young kids a chance and built a really good spirit around the team.
Tactics, formations, who should play etc all bore me, everyone has different opinions and no manager will please everyone. England job really is the ultimate poison chalice.
Is the wrong answer. Best young squad we've had in a generation and they play awful defensive football. Southgate is shite.

He’s done a very good job?
Fucking deluded

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.