England v France - Sat 10th Dec, 19:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have goal scorers and Bellingham and Henderson seem to play well together, along with Rice, but I think we are vulnerable playing out from the back with Pickford and Maguire (and Maguire at any time).

If they hunt us down when playing out, they will definitely force errors, especially if Pickford plays out down the centre. Giroud, Griezman and Mbappe are not the players you want to be handing unnecessary opportunities to.

keep mbappe quiet and we be fine, though I would be happy to see someone give griezman a good hard tackle

A lot pointing to Walker doing well on Mbappe in the past, he’s another year older now, has to lose a bit of pace at some point surely you’d think whereas Mbappe is in the form of his life. Walker hasn’t been this season and was a little shaky tonight.
Gonna take some effort from him to keep him quiet this time IMO

Overall though I think England can trouble France, I’ve said all along that Englands options in the wide positions are the best in this tournament

If Southgate goes back to 3 Centre halves though I’d favour the French, that stifles Englands attack a lot

Chris Sutton made an interesting point tonight that Mbappe, Griezemann and Dembele don’t track back

Should be a good game and who can take the chances. Just hope we don’t start too defensive as we can beat them.

Need to start the same 11 as tonight.

Should be a good game and who can take the chances. Just hope we don’t start too defensive as we can beat them.

Need to start the same 11 as tonight.
Perhaps Southgate can learn a little on how to approach the game from the English cricket team out in Pakistan.

Bazball could be Southball!!

We have the players.

A lot pointing to Walker doing well on Mbappe in the past, he’s another year older now, has to lose a bit of pace at some point surely you’d think whereas Mbappe is in the form of his life. Walker hasn’t been this season and was a little shaky tonight.
Gonna take some effort from him to keep him quiet this time IMO

Overall though I think England can trouble France, I’ve said all along that Englands options in the wide positions are the best in this tournament

If Southgate goes back to 3 Centre halves though I’d favour the French, that stifles Englands attack a lot

Chris Sutton made an interesting point tonight that Mbappe, Griezemann and Dembele don’t track back
Yes if “DJ Khalid” Walker plays no chance , if “you’ll never beat Des” Walker plays, every chance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.