England v France - Sat 10th Dec, 19:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kyle Walker has looked well off the pace from what I’ve seen, hopefully it’s only temporary. He got skinned a couple of times by a Senegal player last game and that is his biggest asset.Hopefully no brain farts on Saturday

He didn't get skinned once. Sarr won a freekick 35 yards out by diving as Walker went round the outside of him because he knew the race was over.

The segment of our fanbase who are desperate to confirm to themselves that Walker is "done" is one of the weirdest.

Last edited:
I think that's the point i'm trying to make. He's over hyped and we shouldn't be scared.

Like some people blow smoke up his ring, I'd prefer to talk him down. It's like the old WW1 and WW2 myths in the front lines of oppositon soldiers who were invincible etc. If you talk someone up so much your own side starts to believe it and overthinks.

I agree he's a good player with a lot of skill. Best in the world? Not yet. Ever? Maybe, but he has to beat off some good opposition coming through.

Well the good thing is I don’t think our players will overthink it. The likes of stones and Walker have played against him and dealt with him.

Hopefully Southgate doesn’t overthink it and go ultra defensive

People just read into the media too much, but they’re in the business of creating hype and narratives because it gets views, and so they have build a narrative that we have to play against this monster player that will destroy us. It creates stories. If you put up plenty of PSG champions league games on video next to the stories, or France from the euros last year, you would wonder what they’re talking about.

He’s a very good player and in form. play stupidly by switching off and you might be in trouble with him but that goes for a lot of top players, including some English players.

I’ve seen enough of him to know he’s not unplayable at all times.

I’d be equally as concerned about players like Griezmann who is a very clever player with huge experience at a high level. Also Giroud who is a very intelligent player around the box at finding half a yard and getting a shot away. our centre backs can’t afford any lapses in concentration with him around.

That’s why I don’t mind shouty Henderson starting here. As much as I can’t stand his club and him with them, I think he reads the game well when making sure those around him are switched on and picking up players they should be. That could be useful in this game.

We aint winning this. its all the same bollocks again, the media are doing that thing again of ramping it up, telling us its possible we could win the world cup, beat france. Too much pressure on the lads and too much expectation now from the fans... seen it time and time again over the years, it either ends in 'tragedy' or with a scapegoat.

Cmon England, cmon Southgate, beat this cycle.

We aint winning this. its all the same bollocks again, the media are doing that thing again of ramping it up, telling us its possible we could win the world cup, beat france. Too much pressure on the lads and too much expectation now from the fans... seen it time and time again over the years, it either ends in 'tragedy' or with a scapegoat.

Cmon England, cmon Southgate, beat this cycle.

It is possible we can win the World Cup and beat France

but it's also possible for another 5/6 teams

end of day so many factors come into play that predicting it all is just pointless, one mistake, one bad decision by the officials, a few players having a off day and pure lady luck all play a part regardless of who plays and the tactics

It's same for Champions League, Man City have the best Manager and players in the world but have yet to win it.

Just got to enjoy the journey and keep ya fingers crossed

It is possible we can win the World Cup and beat France

but it's also possible for another 5/6 teams

end of day so many factors come into play that predicting it all is just pointless, one mistake, one bad decision by the officials, a few players having a off day and pure lady luck all play a part regardless of who plays and the tactics

It's same for Champions League, Man City have the best Manager and players in the world but have yet to win it.

Just got to enjoy the journey and keep ya fingers crossed
Thought that couldn’t happen with VAR……

its all the same bollocks again, the media are doing that thing again of ramping it up, telling us its possible we could win the world cup, beat france.

Yeah I can't believe the audacity of the football media getting excited about a world cup quarter final. How dare they?

And suggesting one of the teams could win? Disgusting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.