England v France - Sat 10th Dec, 19:00 | Quarter-final | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah I can't believe the audacity of the football media getting excited about a world cup quarter final. How dare they?

And suggesting one of the teams could win? Disgusting.
I think you know what he meant in his post . The media do whip up a frenzy knowing that they can’t lose . They love to build up expectations knowing that if it falls apart , they will generally have a scapegoat to mock, be it the manager or some players .
There’s not a “journo” out there who wouldn’t have loved Walker to tell the whole world how he’s going to stop Mbappe on Sat , because he would be the ideal fall guy if it goes tits up .

Reactions: PPT
I think you know what he meant in his post . The media do whip up a frenzy knowing that they can’t lose . They love to build up expectations knowing that if it falls apart , they will generally have a scapegoat to mock, be it the manager or some players .
There’s not a “journo” out there who wouldn’t have loved Walker to tell the whole world how he’s going to stop Mbappe on Sat , because he would be the ideal fall guy if it goes tits up .

No one is going to be the fall guy for not single handedly stopping the best player in the world.

You guys should spend less time getting paranoid about potential future unfair press coverage and just enjoy a fucking World Cup run.

If we beat France you’ll just complain that the media is excited about playing a semi final.

England should fear nobody going into this game. It’s a very winnable tie and the signs of a team gelling together are certainly there after the last couple of games.
As long as Southgate doesn’t shit his pants and shows faith in his attacking players and not revert to a back 8 then I see no reason they don’t progress.

So does Bellingham for us.

And Foden.

And Saka.

And Kane.

And Pickford isn't too bad in goal, either.

Personally, I think they have more to worry about than we do.

This is the best England team I've seen for 50 odd years. Bring it on, and may the best team win.

I think its Rice that is going to leave you vulnerable, he leaves alot of space in your midfield and doesn't seem comfortable taking the ball from the Cbs.

No one is going to be the fall guy for not single handedly stopping the best player in the world.

You guys should spend less time getting paranoid about potential future unfair press coverage and just enjoy a fucking World Cup run.

If we beat France you’ll just complain that the media is excited about playing a semi final.

I am confident in us having a chance of winning this, saying that I want a good run up to the final with good games and wish the other teams that are still in it well.

Yeah I can't believe the audacity of the football media getting excited about a world cup quarter final. How dare they?

And suggesting one of the teams could win? Disgusting.
I didn't say that. I said the media are expecting us to win the world Cup and putting to much pressure on the team.

You really should spend less time getting annoyed and crying at what people say on the Internet... differing points of view thats all.

I didn't say that. I said the media are expecting us to win the world Cup and putting to much pressure on the team.

You really should spend less time getting annoyed and crying at what people say on the Internet... differing points of view thats all.

Who in the media has said we're going to win the world cup?

He didn't get skinned once. Sarr won a freekick 35 yards out by diving as Walker went round the outside of him because he knew the race was over.

The segment of our fanbase who are desperate to confirm to themselves that Walker is "done" is one of the weirdest.
I didn’t say he was done I said he looked off the pace. This is probably due to lack of match practice. He was beaten on the outside and fouled the Senegal player. Don’t put words in my mouth

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.