England v Germany | Euro 2020 Last 16

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aspiring to be like a Denmark or Greece rather than a Germany,Spain,Italy or France may be ultimately our undoing.
England have been the better side in every game they've played, and they've never really looked like they were struggling. They're a very good side who have decided to prioritise solidity - a little like the current Chelsea side - rather than an average side grinding their way through like Greece and Denmark.

We have one major tournament win and one final appearance. We're at the same level as Denmark and Portugal, not Germany and France

What about Greece ; )?

We've come up short time and time again,despite having various highly talented squads.A lack of balls in the big moments in big games has cost us in the past.

Feel a bit sorry for Foden but he never really took his chance in the first two games. I suspect Mount and Grealish will be in for Trippier and Saka next match and we’ll go back to 4-3-3.

Aspiring to be like a Denmark or Greece rather than a Germany,Spain,Italy or France may be ultimately our undoing.
True, but we pay a manager to make those decisions. I don’t agree with him, I’d love to have seen us play Foden, Grealish and others from the start but he’s won so there’s no argument with that. Hopefully in the next two rounds we’ll play with a lot more freedom.

Bit of a dull match, especially after some of the other recent games, but that was to be expected with those 2 line-ups.

I didn't like the team Southgate put out but it got the result, so can't really complain too much. Both teams cancelled each other out but England took their chances and are deservedly through (and should really make the final now). Not pretty but effective.

As I have said before, there isn't really any outstanding team, based on performances thus far. So a very good chance for a dull but effective team to actually win the tournament.

The positivity of Pep’s city run right through this England side: witness Foden celebrating the Sterling goal. Stones, Walker and Sterling all outstanding today, will the Manchester City factor ever be acknowledged? No.
Agreed. I was saying to my friend that those huge celebrations for successful defending are something that's a very Dias and Stones thing to do that's suddenly infected the England camp too. Whatever you think of Southgate, he's seemingly done a great job on team spirit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.