England v Germany | Euro 2020 Last 16

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saka has been England's best player

Haha

He didn't complete a forward pass in the first half. Then completed a turn and dribble in his own half. That was the highlight.

The half time highlights of his performance was embarrassing. He was either losing the ball, passing it backwards or falling over. Then Shearer and Jenas said he was the best player in the first half. He really wasn't. That time he dragged a defender over to Sterling when the latter had the ball on the edge of the area highlighted his lack of football intelligence.

I don't believe it was a coincidence that we scored two within 15 mins of him being hooked.

He's young and will likely get better but he should not be starting.

Germany badly missed Gundo in that midfield today. All the talk was of Goretzka being a Matthaus-like powerhouse but he and Croos were fairly one dimensional and anonymous. They badly needed Gundo’s passing and tempo in there
Yeah, they missed him. Not sure he was fit.

Fair play, I thought it was a strange approach to a sudden death game to start without 3 of our most naturally talented players but it all worked out. I have come in for a lot of "adverse comment" for expressing my opinion that we had better players than Germany. There are exceptions but I think that was the case. Our back line was far better then theirs, their midfield better than ours going forward and our front three much better as the game wore on. The City contribution was excellent and I still reckon Foden and Mount would have improved us, as did Grealish when he actually came on. But Southgate had to put his money where his mouth was and he came up trumps. A well deserved and morale boosting victory.

Fair play, I thought it was a strange approach to a sudden death game to start without 3 of our most naturally talented players but it all worked out. I have come in for a lot of "adverse comment" for expressing my opinion that we had better players than Germany. There are exceptions but I think that was the case. Our back line was far better then theirs, their midfield better than ours going forward and our front three much better as the game wore on. The City contribution was excellent and I still reckon Foden and Mount would have improved us, as did Grealish when he actually came on. But Southgate had to put his money where his mouth was and he came up trumps. A well deserved and morale boosting victory.
Yeah, it’s a results business and he got the job done.

Any sane person who has watched Germany play recently would have lined up like that. Maybe you'd change out a player or two, but that shape and strategy is quite clearly the best way to get a result against Germany
But what's impressive is that he's created a tactically flexible squad that can change their formation and style of play without falling to pieces. It's easy to say, but much harder to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.