England v Germany | Euro 2020 Last 16

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Amazing win. Southgate got his team and tactics spot on.

I thought Pickford, maguire and stones were brilliant in particular.

it’s funny reading the England hate on here by the minority. The entire country was supporting the team tonight.

Amazing win. Southgate got his team and tactics spot on.

I thought Pickford, maguire and stones were brilliant in particular.

it’s funny reading the England hate on here by the minority. The entire country was supporting the team tonight.
Not everyone is English on here to be fair

Yes but what have germany, spain, italy and france ever won?

I'd liken our mindset to that of Spain pre their great sides of the recent past.
They won next to fuck all as well.

Don't remember them leaving their most skillfull players out too often.
Seem to recall them building a team round them.

England have been the better side in every game they've played, and they've never really looked like they were struggling. They're a very good side who have decided to prioritise solidity - a little like the current Chelsea side - rather than an average side grinding their way through like Greece and Denmark.
Denmark have scored 9 goals this tournament to our 4.
Grinding hmmm

Agreed. I was saying to my friend that those huge celebrations for successful defending are something that's a very Dias and Stones thing to do that's suddenly infected the England camp too. Whatever you think of Southgate, he's seemingly done a great job on team spirit.
Stones was magnificent for us all season and has been so for England in this tournament. Him and Maguire as a partnership is almost as good as him with Dias. England are a painful watch sometimes but you can't argue about the quality of the defence.

Feel a bit sorry for Foden but he never really took his chance in the first two games. I suspect Mount and Grealish will be in for Trippier and Saka next match and we’ll go back to 4-3-3.

If he get's his chance again he needs to dribble and get at the defence like we know he can. Instead he played safe and did neat short passes, sideways and backwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.