England v Germany | Euro 2020 Last 16

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But everyone’s gone fucking soft and think that criticism amounts to hate and abuse. No wonder every man and his dog are going round saying they’ve got mental health problems, they’ve got the mental resilience of toilet tissue.
Good job Raheem is not soft, he is tough and mentally strong. He fights not only criticism of his football, he is criticised in the media for buying breakfasts and he has been racially abused by morons.

He has carried on with a great deal of dignity and nothing gives me more pleasure than to see him score as it rams all the stupidity written and said about him right down peoples throats and I hope they choke on it.

Just because Raheem can deal with it and is strong enough to face down his critics it does not mean everyone can and basically a lot of criticism and abuse aimed at him is childish stupidity mixed with hateful, spiteful rhetoric which could quite easily destroy people of lesser mental fortitude.

If you think the good old British stiff upper lip is the answer to abuse and hateful rhetoric then you are part of the problem, because unless you start to see people as having vulnerabilities you will never find it within yourself to admit you have your own vulnerabilities.

Good job Raheem is not soft, he is tough and mentally strong. He fights not only criticism of his football, he is criticised in the media for buying breakfasts and he has been racially abused by morons.

He has carried on with a great deal of dignity and nothing gives me more pleasure than to see him score as it rams all the stupidity written and said about him right down peoples throats and I hope they choke on it.

Just because Raheem can deal with it and is strong enough to face down his critics it does not mean everyone can and basically a lot of criticism and abuse aimed at him is childish stupidity mixed with hateful, spiteful rhetoric which could quite easily destroy people of lesser mental fortitude.

If you think the good old British stiff upper lip is the answer to abuse and hateful rhetoric then you are part of the problem, because unless you start to see people as having vulnerabilities you will never find it within yourself to admit you have your own vulnerabilities.
that's why he's an England player. He manned up. Sad that's an exception rather than the norm in this society just because people think he had a shit season (which he did). Upped his game and gets the plaudits. Good MAN.

I responded to a post that said he gets abuse on Bluemoon. I showed how constructive criticism isn’t abuse. He’s certainly never been racially abused on here, and nobody has ever mentioned his breakfasts.

Ta mate.

I thought Germany really missed Gundogan getting hold of the ball in midfield but even then you didnt have much up front. I mentioned in-game, that’s the worst I’ve seen of a Germany side since that night we beat you 1-5 in Munich.

But it never takes you long to pick yourselves up - in the very next tournament after that 1-5 defeat to us, you reached the World Cup final!
After all I'm glad Low is gone, 3 years too late though. Hope Bierhoff is sacked as well but I doubt it, sadly. The two of them didn't allow any criticism for too long. Bit arrogant if you ask me.

Germany has made too many mistakes developing youth players and the system after 2014 glory and we will pay the bill in the years ahead. We already know we are missing too many talents in younger age groups. And I also see a generational change in the old "German" mentality. Flick won't be the man to change it short term.

Other nations have been waiting so long. Hope we'll see a new title winner, if possible playing attractive footy, and in style.

It really wasn’t , I was cursing Southgate until we scored

Kane should have been hooked after an hour , same with Saka , when I saw Rashford warming up my foot was nearly going through the telly

like I said we are set up to not concede , it’s a cowardly way I’m my eyes but it’s effective as we have unfortunately found out with Chelsea and united recently

now I know how they feel when they steal wins from us
Kane should definitely have been hooked after an hour - I suspect Southgate was hoping he had to come off when he got injured before then.

Bear in mind this was a Germany side that had scored 6 in their last two games, and they were unlucky to lose to France in their first game. England didn't park the bus at all - they just weren't particularly adventurous, and most of the time they didn't leave space for Germany to counter attack.

If you check out the heatmaps of this game and compare it to the Champions League final, it shows a clear difference. City absolutely dominated possession in Chelsea's half in the CL, but tonight, while much more even, England were the ones playing closer to Germany's goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.