England v Germany | Nations League | Monday 26th September, 19:45

Not only that. I am not sure you can just throw the best 11 eleven players together and expect them to perform as they do for their clubs, any more, irrespective of who their national coach is. The game has moved on in the last decade. Formations and positioning, strategies and almost obsessively detailed team coaching has made competitive international football something of an anachronism, imho.

This is the key and why England are still living in the Stone Age
every good team at international levels can keep the ball and move other teams around chasing the ball,
Germany are a good team ? Not a top team, but still happy to take the ball pass and move the ball in the build

then we have Southgate and England ? One player in midfield and 6 defenders and Kane with 2 running off him
it's NOW getting the ball to Kane in the very quickest possible way and play from there

I think any top manager with the players England have would walk over burning coals to take the job
England do have some of the best young players in world football, playing at the biggest clubs in Europe,
only downside is the keepers, we just don't have a world-class keeper, but he could live with that

I think the FA are making a very costly mistake in keeping Southgate as manager and the world cup will be a major disaster waiting to happen

Me too, as it happens. He's very good.
I've said before re Mount that I don't really get the fuss about him. He scores some great goals but I just never see much other contribution from him. (I appreciate that sounds a bit thick - like 'What did the Romans ever do for us?' but, whatever!) I thought Foden did pretty well last night, but Mount came on, scored a cracker and did a tackle to put the ball out of play. Did I miss anything else?

If he starts in the world cup group games, he'll probably be outstanding and stay in the side, so good luck to him on his timing. I hope he can carry it through and play well against the bigger teams on our way to winning the tournament. But, I'll believe it when I see it.

One can but dream.

I've said before re Mount that I don't really get the fuss about him. He scores some great goals but I just never see much other contribution from him. (I appreciate that sounds a bit thick - like 'What did the Romans ever do for us?' but, whatever!) I thought Foden did pretty well last night, but Mount came on, scored a cracker and did a tackle to put the ball out of play. Did I miss anything else?

If he starts in the world cup group games, he'll probably be outstanding and stay in the side, so good luck to him on his timing. I hope he can carry it through and play well against the bigger teams on our way to winning the tournament. But, I'll believe it when I see it.

One can but dream.

I didn't watch the game last night to be honest, but for Chelsea he's usually very good. He's had a rough start to this season form wise, but in the last 3 years I would say Mount has been top 3-ish performers in the team, always consistently good - he ended up with something like 14 goals and 15 assists last season I think. I will note though, that he doesn't often produce the same level for England so if your view of him is mostly based on England games, I can understand why you're not that high on him.

I don't mind him not being a starter for England. Less chances of him returning to Chelsea injured. If he does start though, I hope he shines like the player I know he can be.

Actually quite impressive that a City fan can manage to be intensely hateful to one of our own players on a thread for a game he's not even playing in. Takes real commitment. Do you even know what Grealish got the yellow card for last game to label him stupid for doing so?
Hateful? Fuck me, you're touchy aren't you? Are you his overprotective mum? He got a yellow card in the 93rd minute for arguing with the ref which meant he missed the last game before the world cup and the last opportunity to impress for England. Mount came on as a sub 8n his position and scored, that could have been Grealish if he didn't get himself needlessly suspended, that's going to stay in waistcoats mind now until the world cup begins. it's entirely accurate to say it was stupid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.