England v Peru

super_city_si said:
Rooney ws shite again and that was in England in a climate and environment that should suit him. Wait till he's beet red and blowing through his arse in the heat and humidity of Brazil. He'll be double wank.
Shouldn't be anywhere near the first eleven.

x2

cookster said:
super_city_si said:
Rooney ws shite again and that was in England in a climate and environment that should suit him. Wait till he's beet red and blowing through his arse in the heat and humidity of Brazil. He'll be double wank.

x2

x3 He's not even an average premiership player now. Trying is best I admit, but his best is substandard.

kenzie115 said:
Drop Rooney and Welbeck for Barkley and Sterling and not only do England's chances of progressing go up but it'd be a team I could actually support.

That's definitely not the worst idea I've ever heard. This is surely the last international competition we hope that Rooney will magically turn into a world beater and act surprised when he's shit again.

cookster said:
super_city_si said:

x2
Bullshit. Are you not aware that he took 2 physios on holiday with him to work on his fitness! The man will thrive in Brazil - Stevie G said as much....

Rooney and Gerrard aside the rest looked OK. One thing stands out a mile though our first touch compared to theirs and inability to immediately bring ball under control is lacking. A few occasions we managed it, but almost everyone of their players were good at this aspect of the game at least.

If we play the aforementioned two we will be on the first plane home.

malg said:
cookster said:
super_city_si said:

x2
Bullshit. Are you not aware that he took 2 physios on holiday with him to work on his fitness! The man will thrive in Brazil - Stevie G said as much....
Surely that was a slip on his part?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
stimo said:
think hogdson was the right appointment at the time, perhaps steadied the ship. but now we have a breakthrough of technically gifted and interesting players coming through that he wont have a fuckin idea what to do with. hope to god this wasn't his idea of a first 11, welbeck shoulnd't be anywhere near a world cup squad. sterling needs to start - he will improve the intensity of very slow paced england side

How does he manage the full ninety? And Henderson? Is he Cleverley's big brother? Barkley has got what Rooney used to have - drive, technique, desire. If Barkers doesn't get the full whack on Wednesday, Hodgson shouldn't be within a yard of me when I have just heated up one of my poker collection!
i was going to say that as well but i'll give roy the benefit of it being a friendly match. genuinely didn't notice rooney untill the 40th minute and even that was a poor touch - maybe we're biased but id rather have barkley starting as you say he has that drive and desire and a directness that we seem to lack.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.