England V Scotland Tonight

I'm English, but I hate almost everything about the current England football team set-up and the F.A.
I have nothing against the Scots, but I hate Gordon Strachan.
I hate fanatics who take games such as this seriously, whether Scots or English.
If England win convincingly, the team will be presented as heroes in the morning. Jack Wilshire will be hailed as the next Bobby Charlton, and Phil Jones as the next...Phil Jones. The hype will be incredible even though it's an absolutely 'nothing' match.
Should Scotland achieve a draw, let alone a win, prepare for the Strachan/William Wallace comparisons.
The media will be preparing the gallows for Hodgson should his team not win impressively.
And all this against a reality of players who are yet to achieve proper match fitness and who probably can't really be arsed.... just like me.

the blue panther said:
I'm English, but I hate almost everything about the current England football team set-up and the F.A.
I have nothing against the Scots, but I hate Gordon Strachan.
I hate fanatics who take games such as this seriously, whether Scots or English.
If England win convincingly, the team will be presented as heroes in the morning. Jack Wilshire will be hailed as the next Bobby Charlton, and Phil Jones as the next...Phil Jones. The hype will be incredible even though it's an absolutely 'nothing' match.
Should Scotland achieve a draw, let alone a win, prepare for the Strachan/William Wallace comparisons.
The media will be preparing the gallows for Hodgson should his team not win impressively.
And all this against a reality of players who are yet to achieve proper match fitness and who probably can't really be arsed.... just like me.
Hate it when people sit on the fucking fence

Re: England V Scotland Next week

RyanP3609 said:
Carrick's been withdrawn from the game today as he's got "an eye-infection".

Every fucking time the scum do this for friendlies and are allowed to. He played the full game for the Charity Shield (I didn't see the game but the mirror article says he was voted MOTM?).

There should be a rule, if you withdraw from the national team for an injury when the next club game is within a certain amount of time you automatically cannot play in that game. As I'm fairly confident this "eye infection" will have disappeared in 3 days time.

No way he can play, my God man, he could go blind! I hear Phil Jones is pulling out with a runny nose. ITK

Giggs was the best for this. Think in his entire career he only played in a few friendly games, always seeming to pick up injuries, and after his international debut in 1991 against Germany, he did not play a friendly international until some nine years later, after which he missed a further 18 consecutive friendly games and ended up with just 64 caps in 16 years as an international. Even Bale at 22 has about 40 caps.

That's what made me laugh when some media touted him as the Wales manager. No way, he is not committed to the country at all and who would be in charge for the friendly games :)-

A few people are bigging up the England v Scotland rivalry thing but I doubt if most England fans give a flying fig. It's a long time since Scottish football had serious relevance.

Don't see the problem with supporting one's national team. I'm English, and having moved to the States in my mid teens, moved back to the UK for work as soon as I got the chance, I love England matches.

Sure, the Rag players and Rag media influence is bloody annoying. But I supported City through the dark years, I can support England while being disgruntled about the setup.

I think being an expat has probably exaggerated my sense of national pride, especially being an English teenager in america. The accent helped on the bird front, but it was a pain being taken seriously by the often ignorant American masses (tea, bad teeth, etc... I enjoy the odd cuppa, but have impeccable teeth). I love being English, and when England play, I love getting behind them. I'm in the States with work at the moment, but being back in the UK for the last few years it was nice to go down the pub for the Euros despite the shit performances.

I understand the indifference I suppose, but some of the bile that's spouted about England on here is a bit OTT if you ask me. Spend a few years in the States, you'll become very pro-England rather fast.

I'm Mancunian and English equally.

Re: England V Scotland Next week

RyanP3609 said:
Carrick's been withdrawn from the game today as he's got "an eye-infection".

Every fucking time the scum do this for friendlies and are allowed to. He played the full game for the Charity Shield (I didn't see the game but the mirror article says he was voted MOTM?).

There should be a rule, if you withdraw from the national team for an injury when the next club game is within a certain amount of time you automatically cannot play in that game. As I'm fairly confident this "eye infection" will have disappeared in 3 days time.

I know it's a joke. It's part of the reason why the public aren't arsed about international games anymore. It used to be the biggest honour to play for your country now players look for any excuse to miss an England game. If the players aren't arsed then why should we be?

I really hope the jocks win tonight due to the over bias Hodgson is towards the rags. Its an absolute joke you only have to be english pull on rag shirt and you're in regardless whether you are I playing week in week out. Would love to see England get beat tonight just to show that clown Hodgson for what he is.

tumblr_lgf3pgDzLT1qh4nf6o1_400.gif

I didn't give a fuck about England when City were shit, I give even less of a fuck now.
International football is wank.

I hope the jocks win for the lulz.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.