England v Slovenia - Tue 25th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Use your eyes mate the quality of football England play is far below most teams
This is the reality. Southgate continues with his rigid defensive formations and plays the same way in virtually every match irrespective of the opposition. Modern football is fast, flexible, and mobile with players swapping positions throughout 90 minutes. All the best teams play like this at club and international level. Like virtually all England managers Southgate is a dinosaur. The irony last night is that Slovenia (who are shite) played a rigid dinosaur English-style 442 formation. Any half decent side would have put six past Slovenia who were the worst side in a very poor group.

Top of the group, one goal scored. Easiest group in the comp. Favourites for the tourney? Nearly as boring as us. And that is appalling considering your squad. At least we have no real talent, and we still are fucked off. Imagine the shit/fan scenario if you go out, when you meet a real team in the next knockout game?

Already ordered the popcorn.
Surely. the real winners here are Bellingthing and Trent...not only have they got a little bromance going, they have developed a cute little goal scoring celebration, which is just adorable.
I for one, applaud them.

It’s all about ensuring England get to each tournament so they can keep the sponsors on board. The country getting stupid with the ‘it’s coming home’ bollocks is a money maker for them. They’ve chucked loads of money at managers who they thought could do the job in Erikson and Capello and get burnt which hit their bottom line of cash.

They get rid of Southgate who else does the job? There aren’t many outstanding English managers out there and the ones who could do it why would they want to be away from the day to day challenge of coaching and building a team? Southgate is an acceptable solution for them, I don’t see him staying in after the Euros. It looks like the players have lost trust in him and his tactics which is resulting in some painful games to watch.
Doesn't Wastecoat get paid £5m per year though? Surely a manager with a better CV than getting Middlesbrough relegated could be employed for that? And that person doesn't have to be English.

Agreed it looks like the players have finally had enough of Gareth though. Can't believe it took them so long.

Having slept on it, I think the system Southgate wants to play is fine. For all that England aren't creating that much - which deserves to be criticised - they're giving almost nothing away to the opposition. I saw a stat yesterday that said England are among the teams who've given up the least XG in terms of chances conceded, and Slovenia really did create zilch last night. So, as a unit, England have a good structure and know how to control games.

But the problem Southgate has is that the front four are just a bunch of square pegs in round holes. It's stifling everything. Foden's playing out on the left where he's too far away from the action, Bellingham is playing as a #10 which is causing him all sorts of bother because that role is the antithesis of his best attributes, and Kane is barely the striker because of how close Bellingham is getting to him. Saka just looks tired and could do with a rest.

Going forward, I think the same back four with Rice in front of them is fine. But it might be time to give Bellingham and Saka a break. They both look tired and Bellingham can't bring his best with Kane there - and I'd rather have Kane. Bring in a couple of the lads who came off the bench and looked bright last night. Palmer, Gordon, and Mainoo. Get a bit of energy and creativity out there. The defence and midfield is solid, the attack just looks uninspired and unbalanced.

Pickford
Walker, Stones, Guehi, Shaw
Mainoo, Rice
Palmer, Foden, Gordon
Kane

We’ve been poor, I’ve said it all tournament. Last night was an improvement with some positives. Genuinely feel we’d play better against better teams looking to attack us, would leave us more space for Foden, Saka etc to attack.
England's midfield will be overwhelmed by a fast attacking team and destroyed. The new media narrative being pushed last night by the clueless pundits was England "do better against the better teams." It's truly desperate.

With everyone slagging and blaming Southgate ( i can understand why), i do wonder if there's a little bit of some of these English players being made to look better at club level because of the brilliant technical foreign players they are surrounded by.
There are very few English world class players but you wouldn't think that if you just listened to the media or social media

Can’t any of the players speak up for themselves and the team though?
They are grown men mostly earning a fortune because they are allegedly the best English players. (We know they’re not because he took stupid players, injured players etc., but that’s a separate discussion.)
Therefore why don’t they say, either to Wasted or to the other ‘coaches’ out there; look this isn’t working, this is ridiculous let’s play the way we know is successful. Let’s use plan B.
Grow some flipping balls lads! Grow some flaming balls!
Sorry, just my random thoughts. Carry on with what you’re doing, just ignore me!! :-) ;-)

No, but people need to take in context that at international level it’s different to PL, we’ll never have a manager that can make us play like Man City. It won’t happen. Most international games are tight and unentertaining - it’s always been like that.
Yer never saw the Dutch team of Cryuff 'n Neeskens. They didn't win the WC but, by fuck, they played some football that for entertainment was off the scale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.