England v Slovenia - Tue 25th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was chatting with a couple of mates last night about what Southgate might do next. "I fear he could be the the next Palace manager", said the Palace fan. "He'd be a perfect vicar", also from the Palace fan. "A grief counsellor" chirps the West Ham fan.
He gaslights others too much to be a councillor lol

No, but people need to take in context that at international level it’s different to PL, we’ll never have a manager that can make us play like Man City. It won’t happen. Most international games are tight and unentertaining - it’s always been like that.
Use your eyes mate the quality of football England play is far below most teams

I know it’s probably easier watching England on Tv And spotting what the side needs but it seems so bloody obvious

1. Starting with the goalkeeper, he’s constantly kicking the ball long , which much surely be part of his instruction ? He’s also being asked to calm down all the time. My opinion is that he can’t be trusted to play out from the back with confidence so we just let him play his own game. Which undermines our apparent philosophy of possession football. He needs replacing but Southgate won’t do that

2. Declan Rice is not a number six, if you watch the build up , he actively avoids getting on the ball. He should be the pivot against which the whole team moves but instead we are shuffling the ball wide to try and build through the flanks. I don’t think he can play on the half turn which would have opened up space yesterday. Without a number six we can’t control games and pin teams back. Mainoo isn’t the answer either , he played more advanced yesterday , where we needed someone to play alongside Rice. We need to try Adam Wharton next to Rice , who also give the advantage of being left footed which opens up the pitch when partnered with a right footer. But Southgate won’t do that

3. What is Bellingham’s role ? What is he actually good at ? For me he’s a box to box midfielder that arrives in the late to finish off cut backs or crosses. He’s not a playmaker so is stifling our creativity through the middle. He was shunted out wide yesterday in the second half but there are numerous players we have who are better than him there. I think it’s a choice between him or Foden , and for me there isn’t any competition in that choice. Build the team around Foden and let him take on the teams creative burden. But Southgate won’t do that.

4. Kane needs or people running in behind , at the moment all our front four players want the ball to feet so there is no none stretching the pitch. Steriling would have been a better pick in this England set up but I think his days are gone. I think Gordon could do a decent job as he he’s used to being direct for Newcastle.

My team for the knockouts would be

Ramsdale

Walker Stones Guehi Shaw ( surely he must be fit otherwise why pick him?)

Rice Wharton

Palmer Foden Gordon
Kane

I'm assuming the clowns at the FA who pick the England manager are paid the same whether or not England win anything. So they don't give a shit. All they want is someone who doesn't cause them problems.

With the way the English media are so reluctant to call out Southgate for the waste of oxygen he is, there's no final accountability anywhere in the chain of command. England will remain failures at international level unless a decent manager is employed by mistake.
I saw something yesterday that went through the England coaching setup and effectively their background and history that lead them to be part of the England setup.

Gareth Southgate (Manager) - Managed Middlesborough, relegated and sacked. Never won anything as a player.
Steve Holland (Ass manager) - Managed Crewe for a year and Stoke reserves. Never played a professional game as a player.
Paul Nevin (Ass Manager) - Played 30 games for Yeovil and has had a few ass. manager roles in new Zealand and Qatar and recently west ham.
Martyn Margetson (GK Coach) - Mixed playing career and few roles as coach with Wales and other teams.
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank (Technical Coach) - Good playing career, failed manager at QPR, Burton and Northampton.

Bottom line, that setup is rank. It shows on the pitch and it all stops with Southgate and FA.

Its like going for a job as the CEO of Microsoft and your CV shows you once fixed Daves phone in the pub by switching it on and off and getting the job.

Many of these England players have international stars to play alongside with at club level, not an excuse but they seem to be missing something

They remind me if United, nobody knows what system they are playing, there’s no connect between defence midfield and attack, no one is taking the game by the scruff of the neck and getting the ball and creating Foden us trying but is been hampered. I’d love the players to go on the pitch and say fuck Southgate let’s play how we want the guy is clueless.

I'm assuming the clowns at the FA who pick the England manager are paid the same whether or not England win anything. So they don't give a shit. All they want is someone who doesn't cause them problems.

With the way the English media are so reluctant to call out Southgate for the waste of oxygen he is, there's no final accountability anywhere in the chain of command. England will remain failures at international level unless a decent manager is employed by mistake.

It’s all about ensuring England get to each tournament so they can keep the sponsors on board. The country getting stupid with the ‘it’s coming home’ bollocks is a money maker for them. They’ve chucked loads of money at managers who they thought could do the job in Erikson and Capello and get burnt which hit their bottom line of cash.

They get rid of Southgate who else does the job? There aren’t many outstanding English managers out there and the ones who could do it why would they want to be away from the day to day challenge of coaching and building a team? Southgate is an acceptable solution for them, I don’t see him staying in after the Euros. It looks like the players have lost trust in him and his tactics which is resulting in some painful games to watch.

Use your eyes mate the quality of football England play is far below most teams

We’ve been poor, I’ve said it all tournament. Last night was an improvement with some positives. Genuinely feel we’d play better against better teams looking to attack us, would leave us more space for Foden, Saka etc to attack.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.