England v Slovenia - Tue 25th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Same thing I said after the last match. Its not just the manager's dire tactics or inspirational team talks. These are accomplished players at their clubs but they can't get together on the field as a spirited, united, hardworking, honest unit.

They don't try hard enough. They are waiting for a gift. They are spoilt and entitled. England have been like this as long as I can remember.

They need to do something about it themselves but they'll wait for the someone else to make a move.

I love MCFC and Manchester but England is up its hole in self importance. Always has been. And it suffercates anything decent. The PL, the media, the refs etc are all full of shit because they see football through the prism of tradition and fantasy.

These players are the same imo. I thought the appointment of Southgate was a step in the right direction but he's not. I'd bet Big Sam was your only man.

They remind me if United, nobody knows what system they are playing, there’s no connect between defence midfield and attack, no one is taking the game by the scruff of the neck and getting the ball and creating Foden us trying but is been hampered. I’d love the players to go on the pitch and say fuck Southgate let’s play how we want the guy is clueless.

Waistcoat is that bad that I honestly think the players could manage themselves better, especially tactically anyway.

We’ve been poor, I’ve said it all tournament. Last night was an improvement with some positives. Genuinely feel we’d play better against teams looking to attack us, would leave us more space for Foden, Saka etc to attack.
Yer right about teams who come with the notion that they want to finish what they started with - a nil-nil! We see it about two matches out of three at The Etihad and there's probably only three games at the Joie watching the women where attack is the main idea from the opposition.

If England were as good as the RDAHMeedya suggest and Southgate would have us believe then this group stage puts the lie to it. Once upon a time England would have given these group opponents a five goal start and had 'em whipped by half time.

I wonder what Venables or Robson would have done with these players. I suspect we'd have had three wins.

I just think we are set up all wrong. Proper width/wingers and foden middle and we beat them. We didnt really trouble them at all. We are 19th out of 24 teams on shots and 8 still have to play. My biggest problem with southgate is he has 4-2-3-1. That’s it. His changes are just different players in the same roles. No tactcial deviation what so ever. Like I’ve said, I’d wager he’s delighted.
Maybe it's just me but I feel we have gone backwards since Euro final. It was like watching paint dry the last few games. We were absolutely abysmal.

I'm not an England fan. IMO, it's not about "must beat this/that team" or "England must play free-flowing football", it's about looking convincing. It's the same reason we mocked the Rags' entire last season.

Germany, Spain, even Portugal have looked convincing, maybe not every game, but there are performances that inspire enough. England have looked hardly that over 3 games. On another day, Serbia might've nicked a draw.

England have a squad comparable to the biggest nations in this tournament, yet they are wasted under Southgate. Most coaches would be clamoring to have a squad of this level, but Southgate seems to think Kalvin Phillips is a big loss. Have Southgate be Madrid's coach and he'd say he can't win titles because he doesn't have a striker. Give Spain's group to England and they'd struggle to get out alive.

This team shouldn't be scrapping out draws and resort to counting points on the table, the standards should be way better than that. I suspect some of the England players hold themselves a higher standard than that, thus the frustration on the pitch, unfortunately, the head coach doesn't.

He has shown himself to be even worse than i thought. Playing Trent there was still a negative decision for me as it showed Foden wouldn’t play as a 10. Mind you it was obvious that would happen when he didn’t take Grealish as Gordon wasn’t going to start.

The thing is Arnold though and don’t get me wrong i didn’t want a fullback in midfield. Even when playing him there though he did him no favours.Arnold has a great long pass and cross. He’s not a great footballer or short passer though. So was never going to be capable of knitting things together in the middle. If he was going to play there he needed pace up top to hit his long balls like he does for Liverpool. The genius had him there with nobody down the left and Kane upfront.

I’m not trying to defend that scouser. It’s just another example of his awful tactics.

Its a fair point though

Whilst I do think Arnold's long passing isn't as good as they make out, most go straight to the opposition, it is really still the best part of his game. The only reason to have him on the pitch is if you feel you can utilise it. To do that you need pace to get on the end of them, the dippers have the likes of Salah, Diaz, Nunez, Jota etc, they can all shift and look to make runs into channels.

England have Kane, a very good player indeed but I could smoke him in a foot race. Bellingham isn't that quick and just strolls around anyway. Saka and Foden want it in to feet.

playing Arnold with all that in mind was a ridiculous decision. anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge could see it, just not Gareth. Even Rooney said before the tournament kicked off that he wouldn't have trent anywhere near a midfield.

I saw something yesterday that went through the England coaching setup and effectively their background and history that lead them to be part of the England setup.

Gareth Southgate (Manager) - Managed Middlesborough, relegated and sacked. Never won anything as a player.
Steve Holland (Ass manager) - Managed Crewe for a year and Stoke reserves. Never played a professional game as a player.
Paul Nevin (Ass Manager) - Played 30 games for Yeovil and has had a few ass. manager roles in new Zealand and Qatar and recently west ham.
Martyn Margetson (GK Coach) - Mixed playing career and few roles as coach with Wales and other teams.
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank (Technical Coach) - Good playing career, failed manager at QPR, Burton and Northampton.

Bottom line, that setup is rank. It shows on the pitch and it all stops with Southgate and FA.

Its like going for a job as the CEO of Microsoft and your CV shows you once fixed Daves phone in the pub by switching it on and off and getting the job.
Holy shit. Pitiful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.