England v Slovenia - Tue 25th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh I didn’t know about that. I’m just getting frustrated. I watched us win the World Cup in 1966 and I’d like us to win something else before my time is up!!! *lol*
The only issue with England coming out of this tournament with any 'gloss', the RDAHMeedya would place it solely at Bellingham's, TAA's and Southgate's door. They would have been instrumental in any achievement.

I think Pep would win the World Cup as England manager. He always gets the best out of his players.

Nah Pep will only have a few weeks each year to work with them. Can't see the non City players picking up Peps tactics in just a few weeks when it takes new signings at City at least half a season !

Plus the fa would never take all of Peps back room staff

Having slept on it, I think the system Southgate wants to play is fine. For all that England aren't creating that much - which deserves to be criticised - they're giving almost nothing away to the opposition. I saw a stat yesterday that said England are among the teams who've given up the least XG in terms of chances conceded, and Slovenia really did create zilch last night. So, as a unit, England have a good structure and know how to control games.

But the problem Southgate has is that the front four are just a bunch of square pegs in round holes. It's stifling everything. Foden's playing out on the left where he's too far away from the action, Bellingham is playing as a #10 which is causing him all sorts of bother because that role is the antithesis of his best attributes, and Kane is barely the striker because of how close Bellingham is getting to him. Saka just looks tired and could do with a rest.

Going forward, I think the same back four with Rice in front of them is fine. But it might be time to give Bellingham and Saka a break. They both look tired and Bellingham can't bring his best with Kane there - and I'd rather have Kane. Bring in a couple of the lads who came off the bench and looked bright last night. Palmer, Gordon, and Mainoo. Get a bit of energy and creativity out there. The defence and midfield is solid, the attack just looks uninspired and unbalanced.

Pickford
Walker, Stones, Guehi, Shaw
Mainoo, Rice
Palmer, Foden, Gordon
Kane
Even that’s not true though under this clown. The only game we managed to control was last night because the opposition sat back and allowed us to. We didn’t control either of the first 2 games. We were frequently pinned back by 2 very average sides

With everyone slagging and blaming Southgate ( i can understand why), i do wonder if there's a little bit of some of these English players being made to look better at club level because of the brilliant technical foreign players they are surrounded by.
There are very few English world class players but you wouldn't think that if you just listened to the media or social media
Whilst I agree the English media way overhype their players, and with seemingly every clubs' fans calling their own players "world class", same can be said for every big team in the tournament. Mainly because actual world class players are just so few.

When France were winning, they weren't really stacked with 11 world class players, but two or three world class players surrounded by genuinely good players. The last time I can recall an international team stacked with world class players would probably be Spain's World Cup winning team.

England does genuinely have a good team capable of winning an international tournament, yet they just don't seem put together well.

I get the strong impression that if any of them "step out of line" by criticising Southgate or his shitty tactics in any way, or cast any doubt on what they're being asked to do, at least to his face, their reward will be being dropped. And I think the players all know that.
Similar to how Cancelo behaved

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.