England v Slovenia - Tue 25th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Telegraph ar saying move phil inside and drop lord Bellingham.
Even the press can see it

That's because quality will show in the end. Phil had a poor first game for sure, but the last 2 games have shown if England want a chance at creating anything, then 8 times out of 10 it's gonna come through Phil, and that's when he's inside. I think anyone with a bit of common sense finally realised that last night if they didn't already know it.

Bellingham simply isn't creative enough to play as a 10. You might get away with it for Real Madrid in La Liga in the team he plays, but even then he went off the boil for the last few months of the season.

Sadly, Southgate thinks Bellingham is the messiah. He's not dropping him, he's too scared to even move him from that "10" position despite offering nothing. I think he would be far more effective doing more box to box stuff.

Southgate is too cowardly to move him, or too stupid not to see it. Either way, it disrupts the whole balance of the team. Drop him back a bit, put Phil inside, then you have a free space for a left winger. Then you have better balance and your most creative player in the most effective position. It's just logical.

Southgate is too much of a shithouse to move Bellingham and that'll be the reason England crash out without giving it a proper go.

I'm not even having a dig at Bellingham. You can't ask a player to do what they're not capable of doing, and for me he's not creative enough give England what they need from the position he's playing. It's on the manager to adjust that.

My first England match since the Last 16 victory over Denmark in Nigata at Japan/Korea2002

If I'm still alive in 2046, and somebody's got a spare ticket, then I'm not interested.

Football isn't coming home, but I am

Am I missing something with the praise for Palmer.
He did as much as others and fluffed his shot at the end
Also the praise for Gordon was him running in field and not down the line. Dixon even took a win out of him running the ball out of play 1st touch he had.
Total mess all around
Palmer barely did anything. Probably just people jaded with the first team's performance and desperate for someone new. As you said, that was only thing Gordon did and it was awful.

Am I missing something with the praise for Palmer.
He did as much as others and fluffed his shot at the end
Also the praise for Gordon was him running in field and not down the line. Dixon even took a win out of him running the ball out of play 1st touch he had.
Total mess all around

Gordon only went down the line that once and ran the ball into the advertising board haha.

Palmer did look positive in the sense he actually gets his head up and looks to move things goalwards. Fair enough not much actually came off but the intent was better than most on the pitch were offering.

I'd start Palmer over Saka. Saka looks a bit knackered to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.