England v Slovenia - Tue 25th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
not my words this //

We all need to BELIEVE. Believe that the lads are just warming up, finding their feet and believe that they have more gears to go through. It’s this belief that make us England fans, and its this belief that makes us the best fans in the world.

We are never underdogs. We are never beaten. We always believe.

What we must appreciate about Southgate and this generation of England players, is they are being conditioned not to lose. Not losing matches is what International, tournament football is about. And it was in 2014, as then England U21s Manager, that he spear-headed this new philosophy for English Football.

Too many times we headed into tournaments with a gung-ho approach, trying to out score teams and rely purely on our aggressive, high tempo English style. And it does not work in the modern, tournament game -well it certainly hadn’t worked for England in previous tournaments, and successive failed Managers like Sven and Fabio Capello, could not adopt a style that was successful.

The England DNA, created by Southgate over 10 years ago, has seen us winners of the U21s Championship in 2023, for the first time since 1984, winners of the U19s European Championships in 2017 and 2022; winners of the FIFA U17s World Cup in 2017; and of course Gareth has led the National Team to the World Cup Semi-Final in 2018, Quarter-Finals in 2022, and Runners-Up in the Euros in 2021.

Every fan sees things differently, and would pick a different starting XI to the next person. But whatever can be said, we still have a great squad, and a great chance of going one step further this summer…lifting the Euros
Pipe down Lieutenant The Honourable George Colthurst St. Barleigh MC

When Lineker asked Rooney for his thoughts on how to get the England team firing for the next game, he said - "Well if Foden has gone home for a few days, Southgate has got the perfect excuse to leave him out and play Palmer instead" - Now if this is an example of his management then no wonder Birmingham and Derby were relegated and Plymouth soon will be.

No I meant City players in the England team would obviously get in the City team but aside from Bellingham I don't think another England player is a guaranteed starter for City. Possibly Saka on the right but it's not guaranteed.

Whereas I'm saying from an Arsenal perspective only Kane, Foden and Bellingham would be guaranteed starters for us.

Surprised you think Bellingham would be a starter at arsenal. On what I've seen that's a step down for arsenal

When Lineker asked Rooney for his thoughts on how to get the England team firing for the next game, he said - "Well if Foden has gone home for a few days, Southgate has got the perfect excuse to leave him out and play Palmer instead" - Now if this is an example of his management then no wonder Birmingham and Derby were relegated and Plymouth soon will be.
Don’t think it’s what Rooney wants to happen though. He’s said all along Foden should play as a 10. aHes just saying what many think Southgate might do

Unlikely. I'm sure Portugal will equalise and Czechs now down to 10 vs Turkey
I knew you would get them. By getting an easy group and then an easy ride in the knockout, you get further than you deserve, which looks good but you’re still shite. A false narrative emerges that allows your bookies to make you favourites. You have been worse only to us for quality of play. Utterly fucking dire to watch. Getting to the last 8 playing as poorly as you have is pure luck, or big envelopes. Ability as a team? You were lucky to get through, never mind top. A more difficult group snd you woukd be home with us.

That's right, so should we win the Euros, i hope it is noted and repeated constantly as we barely celebrate winning the trophy, scrunch the empty lager can and throw it at the tv, kick the cat and go to bed early muttering 'it's all a disgrace, f*ck southgate'
Imagine boasting about playing football for 30 years and this is all you’ve got when discussing the game.

Ingerland are the bestest, Southgate is the bestest.

Wibble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.