England v Slovenia - Tue 25th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group C

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don’t think it’s what Rooney wants to happen though. He’s said all along Foden should play as a 10. aHes just saying what many think Southgate might do
Agreed. Rooney has said that the England team must be built around Phil, and it's revealing that he said Southgate would have the "perfect EXCUSE" (not reason) to leave Phil out. I think Rooney sees that Southgate really doesn't care for Phil for some reason (probably because he plays for City) and wants to drop him to make way for lads from more historic clubs (this includes Chelsea!) who'll have to play(out of position or in Phil's position but in the team whatever the cost). Ex players seem to have woken up to the fact that Southgate is just as clueless as any of our other failures: he's even managed to rival Hodgson by losing to Iceland. But I'm sure "the clear and obvious progress" these Euros demonstrate will earn him a new, improved contract (and a new waistcoat to keep up FA standards).

I jut think it's really funny we've somehow ended up with a draw where even if Southgate got to the final again (however improbable at the moment), he'd get no credit.

I jut think it's really funny we've somehow ended up with a draw where even if Southgate got to the final again (however improbable at the moment), he'd get no credit.
The trouble is that we play another 'low block' team in the next game so it's going to be more of the same turgid shite.

I think a big reason for England star players underperforming is that they have better quality players at their home clubs. Kane has Sane and Musiala to feed him, Bellingham has Vinicius, Kroos etc, Foden has Rodri to close out midfield so he can play with freedom, Saka has Odegaard and also Ben White on the overlaps.

Of the England starting XI yesterday only Kane, Bellingham and Foden would be guaranteed starters for Arsenal, and for City probably only Bellingham gets into your 1st XI.
Was thinking that. You need to remember your best teams have about two Englishmen in them. We are the same. That’s because Scottish players are shite. You keep hearing our young players aren’t given a chance. That’s a simple one to answer, they are all fucking dire. We would play them if they could cut it. Bottom line is they can’t. We have an Academy that produces a continuous line of dross. Tierney 9 years ago, the last academy player to hold down a position. And if you want someone who left the academy and kept a shirt before that, it was Charlie Nicholas. I would bulldoze our academy. A total waste of time and money,

Surprised you think Bellingham would be a starter at arsenal. On what I've seen that's a step down for arsenal
If Bellingham was on form and surrounded by Arsenal players he'd be 1st name on our team sheet. Foden would probably be third name on the sheet and Kane 4th!

Imagine boasting about playing football for 30 years and this is all you’ve got when discussing the game.

Ingerland are the bestest, Southgate is the bestest.

Wibble.

hmmm and that's all you got, personal digs?

I'm usually fairly balanced and fair in my match report after each game unlike the angry hot heads moaning and whinging all the time. wibble indeed.

The Slovenia game was a free hit, they were already qualified and unlikely to lose the game.
Southgate had the chance to rip up the script and start again, try something totally new as it wasn't working and the system wasn't getting the best out of his main players.
What did he do? 1 change Conor Gallagher for TAA. Sums the man up.

Personally I think that Bellingham is the main problem. Not only is he not performing, but he is taking up the spaces that Kane drifts into and that Foden operates best in.
Also, playing Alexander Arnold in midfield when no-one is running in behind the defence is pointless also

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.