England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not at all, judging by his performance tonight. We’ve all moaned about Foden playing a position we know he’s not best at but has played before. Saka did similar tonight and was our best player.

That’s not a dig at Foden but any England fan having a go at Saka needs their eyes tested, he was great tonight. Kane, though, is a different matter…
Played well this evening for sure

Spot on. Agree with Mainoo and Saka too. Thought Mainoo showed some balls and was progressive. Rice was a complete shithouse as normal. I saw him ignore line splitting passes so often. Just to go back or sideways.

Rice winds me up just because he isn’t brave with his passes, amount of times he can see Foden with a couple of players round him but won’t give it him is criminal (it’s the hospital pass English narrative). He’d rather the sideways or back pass, it’s why we can’t progress up the pitch, swap Rice for Rodri and it’s a whole different game.

To be fair I feel like i criticise anyone who isn’t City or hasn’t been trained by Pep.

Not at all, judging by his performance tonight. We’ve all moaned about Foden playing a position we know he’s not best at but has played before. Saka did similar tonight and was our best player.

That’s not a dig at Foden but any England fan having a go at Saka needs their eyes tested, he was great tonight. Kane, though, is a different matter…

Saka is a fine player indeed.

However I wouldn't say he was really in a different position. Maybe on the team sheet he was but he spent pretty much the full game in his usual position on the pitch

I think Saka is great, but he does play a more traditional left wing role at Arsenal.

When Phil plays on the wing he doesn't play anything like the same role.

We are into the semis and at this point it's about winning. Doesn't matter how you do it now, just do it. Performances are irrelevant. Southgate doesn't want all out attack or expansive football, he wants control. He knows our attack can deliver those moments to win games. It's not pretty, it's not what we would like to see, but ultimately so far so good.

There were some hairy moments in ET and that's as a result of having a more attacking lineup on the pitch. 3 of the 4 semi finalists have been dross for large parts of this tournament. But they won't care.

Our subs are having an impact.

The big question mark for me is Kane. He isn't right at all. Completely missing from the box quite often and barely running at all. Was shocked Southgate took him off, but he shouldn't be scared to do it much earlier in the semi final.

Saka is a fine player indeed.

However I wouldn't say he was really in a different position. Maybe on the team sheet he was but he spent pretty much the full game in his usual position on the pitch

That’s down to his performance too though, he pushed his side up so it enabled him to be more a winger than a full back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.