England v Switzerland - Sat 6th July, 17:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Saka is great, but he does play a more traditional left wing role at Arsenal.

When Phil plays on the wing he doesn't play anything like the same role.

He plays a traditional right wing role for Arsenal. Tonight he played without a full back behind him and was our best attacking player (and arguably our best defensive one too) and the last game he switched to left back for a period of it.

Like I said, I wasn’t having a go at Foden, I thought he was good tonight too, just saying anyone that thinks Saka is overrated really isn’t watching him, he was great tonight. Kane was garbage.

We are into the semis and at this point it's about winning. Doesn't matter how you do it now, just do it. Performances are irrelevant. Southgate doesn't want all out attack or expansive football, he wants control. He knows our attack can deliver those moments to win games. It's not pretty, it's not what we would like to see, but ultimately so far so good.

There were some hairy moments in ET and that's as a result of having a more attacking lineup on the pitch. 3 of the 4 semi finalists have been dross for large parts of this tournament. But they won't care.

Our subs are having an impact.

The big question mark for me is Kane. He isn't right at all. Completely missing from the box quite often and barely running at all. Was shocked Southgate took him off, but he shouldn't be scared to do it much earlier in the semi final.
Give over.
There's no way of sugar coating that crap. The man's a fucking coward and it's impacting on the players.

The record books will say Southgate got to two semi finals and a final minimum.

WC 2018 (ranking at the time)
Tunisia (14th)
Panama (55th)
Belgium (3rd)
Colombia (16th)
Sweden (23rd)
Croatia (18th)

EURO 2020
Scotland (44th)
Czech Rep (40th)
Croatia (14th)
Germany (12th)
Ukraine (24th)
Denmark (10th)
Italy (7th)

EURO 2024
Serbia (32nd)
Denmark (21st)
Slovenia (57th)
Slovakia (45th)
Switzerland (19th)

Denmark semi final in 2020 is the only time we’ve beaten anyone in the top ten.

The equivalent of this euros run in comparison to last season’s final standings would be City or Arsenal (depending on individual quality alone you think England are the best or second best team in the competition)

Cardiff City
Leicester City
Exeter City
Portsmouth
Burnley

Never known a manager to get an easy run so much and struggle to get through with the talent he has available.

Tunisia (14th)
Panama (55th)
Belgium (3rd)
Colombia (16th)
Sweden (23rd)
Croatia (18th)

EURO 2020
Scotland (44th)
Czech Rep (40th)
Croatia (14th)
Germany (12th)
Ukraine (24th)
Denmark (10th)
Italy (7th)

EURO 2024
Serbia (32nd)
Denmark (21st)
Slovenia (57th)
Slovakia (45th)
Switzerland (19th)

The equivalent of this euros run in comparison to last season’s final standings would be City or Arsenal (depending on individual quality alone you think England are the best or second best team in the competition)

Cardiff City
Leicester City
Exeter City
Portsmouth
Burnley

Never known a manager to get an easy run so much and struggle to get through with the talent he has available.
It wouldn't surprise me if statistically he's England's most successful manager ever. Still shit though. I was hoping we'd go out tonight just so Kyle and Phil could get another week's rest.

Tunisia (14th)
Panama (55th)
Belgium (3rd)
Colombia (16th)
Sweden (23rd)
Croatia (18th)

EURO 2020
Scotland (44th)
Czech Rep (40th)
Croatia (14th)
Germany (12th)
Ukraine (24th)
Denmark (10th)
Italy (7th)

EURO 2024
Serbia (32nd)
Denmark (21st)
Slovenia (57th)
Slovakia (45th)
Switzerland (19th)

Cardiff City
Leicester City
Exeter City
Portsmouth
Burnley

He isn't the first manager and will not be the last to achieve that. I am still counting down the days before Southgate leaves and we try something different for a change. It is all down to the FA.

Tunisia (14th)
Panama (55th)
Belgium (3rd)
Colombia (16th)
Sweden (23rd)
Croatia (18th)

EURO 2020
Scotland (44th)
Czech Rep (40th)
Croatia (14th)
Germany (12th)
Ukraine (24th)
Denmark (10th)
Italy (7th)

EURO 2024
Serbia (32nd)
Denmark (21st)
Slovenia (57th)
Slovakia (45th)
Switzerland (19th)

And that was 4 days after their best player had a cardiac arrest on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.