England v USA – Fri 25th Nov, 19:00 | Group B | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have to agree, and I think he's crap, but he probably kept us in it which says a lot for the rest of the team tonight.

Biggest problem is Southgate, a lot on here deride Pep when he won't bring subs on but it's nothing compared to how bad Southgate is. Stuck in his ways, doesn't like to change the team, cost us the Euros v. Italy, did nothing when they brough fresh players on and we were knackered, even though they hadn't been in the game.

Rashford hasn't played for 2 years while Trossard is on fire, but he leaves Trossard at home and Foden on the bench. The way Southgate plays it, as soon as we draw anybody half decent we'll be out again. Fucking clueless.
Are you taking the piss?

In fairness, Pep leaves Foden out of the Premier League starting XI all the time. There's reason there to suggest that maybe he just has a bad attitude. I know it's sacrilege to say that to City fans. But that could also go a long way to explaining the long delay in contract extension.
Pep picks foden in all the big games, he rotates him in others

You ok gareth ?

Rob Green

Former England goalkeeper on BBC Radio 5 Live

When England were making the first substitutions I had Mason Mount down to come off. It just didn't come off.

That doesn't make him a bad player, it happens.

It was baffling that he stayed on for the 90 minutes. It was strange.

To us and everybody in the world except Southgate Rob

In fairness, Pep leaves Foden out of the Premier League starting XI all the time. There's reason there to suggest that maybe he just has a bad attitude. I know it's sacrilege to say that to City fans. But that could also go a long way to explaining the long delay in contract extension.
Yeah but at City we have so much quality that he can justify rotating, depending on what Pep feels the game calls for. I don’t think it’s anything to do with attitude.

Southgate on the other hand clearly has his favourites with no regard for them being not even half the player that Foden is.

Very different things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.