England v USA – Fri 25th Nov, 19:00 | Group B | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The issue with Southgate is that the English national team has progressed beyond him. On the surface, the results (2018 WC - Semi Final, 2020 Euros - Runners up) are great. But in context, it's a bit disappointing.

As a neutral - throughout my life (I am 33 for reference), England has always been talented, but bit overhyped. Some wonderfully skilled individual players, but flawed teams that never really gelled or were a step below the top European and South American teams of the era.

That all changed around the 2018 World Cup. The current English team/generation of players is legitimately one of, if the most, talented and technically skilled sides in the world. We're just so used to England underperforming that the runs you've had in the past two tournaments have disguised that's what this side should be achieving with the players available.

Look how Luis Enrique had Spain humming the other day. England, on paper, is more talented than Spain. But under Southgate - they will never, ever play like that. Southgate has them playing uninspired and boring, and quite frankly, they're winning in spite of him.

Last edited:
I find Southgate baffling why is he afraid of going for it you have the players to win. While he's talking up a draw if he had been braver you could have had this group wrapped up already he's talking as if you are through already if any fans know about pulling out miracles it's us imagine if Wales pulled a City type comeback i'm Welsh and I know it won't happen but why take the chance? England should be one of the most exciting teams to watch it would be interesting to see how a manager like Howe would do with all the talent you have I find it hard to blame the players because everyone can see what needs to be corrected except the melon you have managing.

Nah mate, have a look at Rice when slab or Stones have the ball. He hides behind a presser. Ferna or Rodri he ain't.
I know, Rice was one of the Front 6 I said was having a mare.

I wasn't saying leave him on because he was playing well, we just had no other options and instead needed to give him help.

Saka awful

Mount awful

Kane awful
To be fair Kane never had a sniff up top. Fuck all service really, and almost every time I saw him looking to get on the ball, he had to come back almost or even past the halfway line. If big nose had looked to bring on Callum Wilson, and I were him, I would have been sensible and told him to fuck right off

I said earlier I think he will actually get found out at a bigger club. I just don’t see a great deal of talent. He’s a trier. I’m not saying he’s a bad player at all but I don’t think his ceiling is that high either.

Never understood when people used to say he’s a new Roy Keane. I know giving an ex-rag praise is vile behaviour, but he couldn’t lace a young Roy Keane’s boots in terms of talent and ability.

Hopefully I’m proven wrong, and he seems like a good lad too. I think he’s just a solid mid-table level midfielder.
Agree,

That's the thing, all these 100m+ players look absolutely anonymous on the International stage!

What is the answer, It's certainly not fucking Southgate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.