England v USA – Fri 25th Nov, 19:00 | Group B | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know, that’s why I said a little comfort.
The stupid clod of a manager is to blame for that debacle. We needed Foden to team up with Grealish.

I suppose a consolation could be if we don’t get through the first tranche our players will not be as tired when they come home!!

Fingers crossed -but they’ll get through to next stage I’d have thought now

Not with the waistcoat it fucking won't. He's picked a team, they've played a shocker and the stubborn arse can't see shite. Zero tactical nous, just intense loyalty. I reckon he'll pick his missus to play central mid cos he's fucking loyal.....
Not with the waistcoat it fucking won't. He's picked a team, they've played a shocker and the stubborn arse can't see shite. Zero tactical Enous, just intense loyalty. I reckon he'll pick his missus to play central mid cos he's fucking loyal.....
Not with the waistcoat it fucking won't. He's picked a team, they've played a shocker and ethe stubborn arse can't see shite. Zero tactical nous, just intense loyalty. I reckon he'll pick his missus to play central mid cos he's fucking loyal.....
Exactly this No idea but ticks the boxes Woeful

Rice is reactive. He can't read a game so everything he does is 'last minute'. He spent most of tonight's match hiding from the ball.

Without any genuine midfield support alongside him, he's a waste of a shirt. Bellingham and Mount aren't top class midfielders, and Henderson was introduced far too late to make any difference.

If Rice is a £100m player, Rodri is £300+m.

Agree with all that. Only once Henderson came on did the midfield have a bit of control.
No idea what Mounts role is. Kane was deeper trying to link the midfield so was Mount playing 9, false 9, I just don’t get it.
The distance between midfield was ridiculous.

Declan rice is such an odd player. He has everything to be an elite footballer. When you see him striding forward with the ball or putting on a really high final third press to win the ball back, he looks aggressive and athletic. Then you see him in his own third trying to deal with an opposition break and he looks weak and slower than a turtle heading Rodri on crutches. Never puts in a tackle where it matters and players just glide by him. Not to mention his inexcusably bad positional sense. For a holding midfielder that transitioned there from a central defender it's odd that his defending is by far and away the worst part of his game. Lad needs to move away from west ham under Moyes and get some proper coaching if he's ever going to be that top quality player.

I said earlier I think he will actually get found out at a bigger club. I just don’t see a great deal of talent. He’s a trier. I’m not saying he’s a bad player at all but I don’t think his ceiling is that high either.

Never understood when people used to say he’s a new Roy Keane. I know giving an ex-rag praise is vile behaviour, but he couldn’t lace a young Roy Keane’s boots in terms of talent and ability.

Hopefully I’m proven wrong, and he seems like a good lad too. I think he’s just a solid mid-table level midfielder.

More from England boss Gareth Southgate on BBC Radio 5 Live: "Phil Foden is fine. We've got some very good forwards that we can bring into the game. In the wide areas we decided on Jack [Grealish] and Marcus [Rashford] instead of Phil because we thought their different attributes were what would help us get over the line. They weren't able to find that missing spark but we know Phil is a super player and whichever one I didn't put on, if we didn't score, we were going to get asked about which one we didn't put on."

He's a thick fucker. Foden should have been on instead of Henderson.

Get some players on like Grealish and Foden that can carry the ball and create chances and Kane will be able to stay up front more

Mount is playing in a position what should be occupied by the most creative player but he does nothing, just runs around a lot and then Kane ends up dropping deeper to try to get things moving because Mount is nowhere to be seen.

Kane has been one of the best strikers in the world over the past 7 years or so, yet we stick with players incapable of creating clear cut chances for him.

Completely agree, It wasn't a dig at Kane. I was impressed by him tonight.

Agree with all that. Only once Henderson came on did the midfield have a bit of control.
No idea what Mounts role is. Kane was deeper trying to link the midfield so was Mount playing 9, false 9, I just don’t get it.
The distance between midfield was ridiculous.
No pressing from midfield, Dourgates tactics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.