England v USA – Fri 25th Nov, 19:00 | Group B | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rice is not a pivot, he hides behind an attacker rather than move and come to collect the ball from the central defenders and start any kind of progressive attack

Rice is reactive. He can't read a game so everything he does is 'last minute'. He spent most of tonight's match hiding from the ball.

Without any genuine midfield support alongside him, he's a waste of a shirt. Bellingham and Mount aren't top class midfielders, and Henderson was introduced far too late to make any difference.

If Rice is a £100m player, Rodri is £300+m.

If Jordan Henderson was England player manager even he wouldn’t have put him on ahead of Phil to change a game at 0-0.

Sterling showed how limited he is when he hasn’t got world class players putting it on a plate for him to tap in from 2 yards.

Tripper was bad defensively tonight, you might as well play Alexander Arnold, at least he would give you more going forward.

Southgate is a wanker.

i came into this world cup with dirt low expectations of the england manager and the teams chances of actually winning the thing.
literally, nothing has changed my mind. in fact, im even less enthralled by this world cup than when it started.
at the core of english football administration is an inept philosophy that will never bring any silverware, or produce a competitive team.
anyway, another day closer to proper football coming home.
A game like that on the same day as buying tickets to watch our beloved team 3 days before Chrimbo take on liverpool.
Perspective.

Declan rice is such an odd player. He has everything to be an elite footballer. When you see him striding forward with the ball or putting on a really high final third press to win the ball back, he looks aggressive and athletic. Then you see him in his own third trying to deal with an opposition break and he looks weak and slower than a turtle heading Rodri on crutches. Never puts in a tackle where it matters and players just glide by him. Not to mention his inexcusably bad positional sense. For a holding midfielder that transitioned there from a central defender it's odd that his defending is by far and away the worst part of his game. Lad needs to move away from west ham under Moyes and get some proper coaching if he's ever going to be that top quality player.

Even Ratface said that this game was crying out for Foden.... he brought 'Hendo' on ffs
To be honest, that wasn’t the problem, I don’t think bringing more experience into the midfield was a bad idea when it looked like we were getting pressure put on us and losing grip of the game.

It’s things like keeping Mason Mount on for 90 minutes, or thinking Rashford is the game changer. That’s what’s more baffling,

Did southgate really say when asked about foden not coming on, the positions he needed to change foden doesn't play in for us as an excuse? ie in the middle?

If so what a cowardly pathetic **** he is, foden can play all along the attaicking midfield and as a false 9

Last edited:
Phil is the closest thing to a Spanish player we've ever produced. Technically on a different level. And he isn't even coming off the bench.

I honestly think he's had a falling out with Southgate, that's the only rational explanation.
I think it was the iceland fling thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.