England v USA – Fri 25th Nov, 19:00 | Group B | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m not one for overreacting… but if I have to watch another minute of this tepid shite I’m going to commit ritual seppuku. The worst kind of dross. I’d rather we lose 10-0 every game while going for it than ever see that ever again.

“Pragmatic”

Fuck off, Waistcoat.

We might be through to the Round of 16 but I am now at a point where I genuinely hope we lose embarrassingly than win a tournament like this.

Nice guy. Shit manager. Stuart Pearce showed more endeavour than this turgid wanker.

How can you watch that and not put Foden on? How can you watch that and not just resign immediately?

Proper shit. Don’t care if we win the World Cup and the Euros eight times in a row. This is supposed to be entertainment. I’d rather have my nads held in a clamp for the next 4 weeks than watch any more.
I had two friends round for the game, they don’t follow football but thought it would be nice with food and a few beers to get together for this. I was embarrassed at that performance I could only apologise haha!

the food was bang on though, before you lot start!

I’m not one for overreacting… but if I have to watch another minute of this tepid shite I’m going to commit ritual seppuku. The worst kind of dross. I’d rather we lose 10-0 every game while going for it than ever see that ever again.

“Pragmatic”

Fuck off, Waistcoat.

We might be through to the Round of 16 but I am now at a point where I genuinely hope we lose embarrassingly than win a tournament like this.

Nice guy. Shit manager. Stuart Pearce showed more endeavour than this turgid wanker.

How can you watch that and not put Foden on? How can you watch that and not just resign immediately?

Proper shit. Don’t care if we win the World Cup and the Euros eight times in a row. This is supposed to be entertainment. I’d rather have my nads held in a clamp for the next 4 weeks than watch any more.
Absolutely bang on , we were dire

The issue with Southgate is that the English national team has progressed beyond him. On the surface, the results (2018 WC - Semi Final, 2020 Euros - Runners up) are great. But in context, it's a bit disappointing.

As a neutral - throughout my life (I am 33 for reference), England has always been talented, but bit overhyped. Some wonderfully skilled individual players, but flawed teams that never really gelled or were a step below the top European and South American teams of the era.

That all changed around the 2018 World Cup. The current English team/generation of players is legitimately one of, if the most, talented and technically skilled sides in the world. We're just so used to England underperforming that the runs you've had in the past two tournaments have disguised that's what this side should be achieving with the players available.

Look how Luis Enrique had Spain humming the other day. England, on paper, is more talented than Spain. But under Southgate - they will never, ever play like that. Southgate has them playing uninspired and boring, and quite frankly, they're winning in spite of him.
As another neutral (also a Yank) I couldn't agree with you more. It is truly a shame for our brothers across the pond, that with such a talented and yes overhyped, group of players like this, they should have such an uninspiring leader as Southgate. Nothing will be achieved under his leadership.

Southgate excuse after excuse embarrassing. As he says we thought Hendo was a better choice. Say no more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.